Jump to content
  • Sign Up
  • 0
zibbozz

How can I delete a portal?

Question

I already searched in the commands ingame via help and tried to find a file containing all portals but with no luck. 

 

If its easy to remove portals and Im just overlooking it, it would be good to add this information to the /help portal command.

 

Solutions from the replies:

For non solid portals (air/water/lava) you can just place a block in it so the portal disappears or use /z air to remove it.

For solid portals (blue/orange) you can use /delete and just break the blocks or /z air to replace them with air which also removes the portal.

 

Edited by zibbozz
Added solutions from the replies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 4

Matthew's solution isn't quite complete because you can't erase solid (like blue wool) portals that way. You can use the /delete command to erase any blocks that normally regenerate when you break them, like doors, portals, and message blocks. Also, any build command will overwrite them as well, such as /z air (my preferred option since /delete is a toggle and can be left on accidentally)

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2

You can just place a block where the portal is and it should delete it (It has the same mechanics as water). (If you need more help dm me using fourms and I will be happy to help)

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1
3 minutes ago, Matthew132 said:

(If you need more help dm me using fourms and I will be happy to help)

post publicly so that anybody with the same issue can find a solution

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1
1 minute ago, megaboi said:

If you have the perms to set portals you should have the perms to do /z

I agree, I just find my way easier and the fastest, without doing any commands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
23 hours ago, Goodly said:

Matthew's solution isn't quite complete because you can't erase solid (like blue wool) portals that way. You can use the /delete command to erase any blocks that normally regenerate when you break them, like doors, portals, and message blocks. Also, any build command will overwrite them as well, such as /z air (my preferred option since /delete is a toggle and can be left on accidentally)

Thank you very much 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 9/26/2020 at 3:51 PM, Goodly said:

Matthew's solution isn't quite complete because you can't erase solid (like blue wool) portals that way. You can use the /delete command to erase any blocks that normally regenerate when you break them, like doors, portals, and message blocks. Also, any build command will overwrite them as well, such as /z air (my preferred option since /delete is a toggle and can be left on accidentally)

I understand that my method dosen't work in some ways, that is just a way that has been found easiest to me for portals, lava, and water. Using /z air is a good option, although the only thing is that not all servers have that option. All in all, if it works, use the block placing method.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, Matthew132 said:

I understand that my method dosen't work in some ways, that is just a way that has been found easiest to me for portals, lava, and water. Using /z air is a good option, although the only thing is that not all servers have that option. All in all, if it works, use the block placing method.

If you have the perms to set portals you should have the perms to do /z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, Matthew132 said:

I agree, I just find my way easier and the fastest, without doing any commands

Totally agree with you, as long as its a non solid portal 🙂 I added both good replies to my initial post for others to find it faster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...