MisterSheeple

If you could have ClassiCube ported to any one platform, what would it be?

On 4/1/2023 at 6:54 AM, Buluwif said:

probably phones and tablets

it has already been ported to phones and tablets, check the android and ios downloads

I believe that PC should get classicube, desperately needs it.

• Winner 1

my laptop's bios should have a classicube port

I'd pick MS-DOS version 6.22 - it can run Doom so THEORETICALLY it may be able to run a mini-version of ClassiCube. You would likely not be able to join any servers though, because not many people have software and other stuff to connect to the Internet on DOS.

On 8/8/2024 at 9:09 AM, Windestroy said:

Probably a rabbit R1 ,but a nokia is impossible

I mean, the R1 can be "jailbroken" into regular android

I would like to see Java 2 Micro Edition Phones play with classicube, now hear me out

Emulation General Wiki has a page for J2ME emulators, After looking at the page i thought

"If something as almostĀ old as N64 can play classicube then J2ME phones must run this minecraft game then too"

According to the website, J2MEĀ isĀ 24 years old and Nintendo 64 is 28 years old

So i would like to see the devs try to do J2ME release as J2ME have started shutdown (at 2019)Ā after Nintendo 64 (at 2003) did, so it has to run right?

J2ME also supported something called "Mascot Capsule 3D" which adds 3D as a option games like Worms and other games does use this engine, so no consoles or mobile phones must not have any unlicensed games, they must have these games and if they existed before then Classicube must be ported to this platform right?

I hope so...

(Even tho i don't have any phones that could use J2ME)

-Ivan95, a russian

Ā 

On 9/1/2024 at 11:21 PM, Ivan95 said:

I would like to see Java 2 Micro Edition Phones play with classicube, now hear me out

Emulation General Wiki has a page for J2ME emulators, After looking at the page i thought

"If something as almostĀ old as N64 can play classicube then J2ME phones must run this minecraft game then too"

According to the website, J2MEĀ isĀ 24 years old and Nintendo 64 is 28 years old

So i would like to see the devs try to do J2ME release as J2ME have started shutdown (at 2019)Ā after Nintendo 64 (at 2003) did, so it has to run right?

J2ME also supported something called "Mascot Capsule 3D" which adds 3D as a option games like Worms and other games does use this engine, so no consoles or mobile phones must not have any unlicensed games, they must have these games and if they existed before then Classicube must be ported to this platform right?

I hope so...

(Even tho i don't have any phones that could use J2ME)

-Ivan95, a russian

Ā 

Unfortunately, porting to a platform is dependent on more factors than just how old it is.

ClassiCube is written in C, which makes compiling for the Nintendo 64 relatively straightforward.

But J2ME applications are written in Java, which would be harder to work with for ClassiCube.

19 hours ago, UnknownShadow200 said:

Unfortunately, porting to a platform is dependent on more factors than just how old it is.

ClassiCube is written in C, which makes compiling for the Nintendo 64 relatively straightforward.

But J2ME applications are written in Java, which would be harder to work with for ClassiCube.

I thought Minecraft is basically java?

13 minutes ago, Ivan95 said:

I thought Minecraft is basically java?

ClassiCube is written in C. Minecraft is written in Java but also likely wouldn't work due to resource constraints.