Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MEEBLOX

Should I make a server for $5/mo?

As I mentioned before, I am a chromie...
There is this service named Linode which is a linux virtual Lish-Based Command Line..

Should I try to make a ClassiCube server for $5/mo?

Just now, icanttellyou said:

Do you know Linux server management? If not, then no. If yes, then get it.

Eh I know a little

I don't think so because most servers don't really get a lot of players and plus you can do it for free with MCGalaxy or other services.

22 minutes ago, Friendlyscout1 said:

I don't think so because most servers don't really get a lot of players and plus you can do it for free with MCGalaxy or other services.

you cant just compare a server software to a server hosting service

47 minutes ago, Friendlyscout1 said:

you run mcgalaxy on the server you pay for instead of running it on your computer.

which is actually the preferred way of doing it.

On 4/15/2022 at 2:10 PM, Friendlyscout1 said:

Well, on McGalaxy, you can get I think up to 20-40 days free, and then you might have to pay a little. Idk how much though. But, If you want to start your own server that's 5 bucks a month, it's worth it but only if people actually join it. Otherwise, it's just sitting there and your basically wasting 5 dollars a month. So, just pay attention on the number of players joining, or your paying for nothing.

8 minutes ago, Ancolsonli said:

Well, on McGalaxy, you can get I think up to 20-40 days free, and then you might have to pay a little. Idk how much though. But, If you want to start your own server that's 5 bucks a month, it's worth it but only if people actually join it. Otherwise, it's just sitting there and your basically wasting 5 dollars a month. So, just pay attention on the number of players joining, or your paying for nothing.

in mcgalaxy you dont have to pay anything ever

as is the case with every server software ive seen in my life

Wait, you have to pay for the software MCGalaxy? Does this mean I'm now going to get arrested for tax evasion? Please help I am very scared. (joke, sarcasm)

3 hours ago, MESYETI said:

in mcgalaxy you dont have to pay anything ever

as is the case with every server software ive seen in my life

Yes, I've seen it tell me that "Your 40 day free trial has ended" and then it said something about paying to continue

2 minutes ago, Ancolsonli said:

Yes, I've seen it tell me that "Your 40 day free trial has ended" and then it said something about paying to continue

Mcgalaxy is free and open source. 

4 minutes ago, Ancolsonli said:

You are confusing the hosting service (think: an actual computer somewhere that costs electricity to run) with the server software (think: an .exe file you can click on that computer to run the ClassiCube server)

13 hours ago, Ancolsonli said:

no you havent

i'm laughing out of my ass when looking at this post. like literally... are my eyes lying to me or are people just this stupid to figure out a difference between a host and a software?????

On 4/16/2022 at 12:31 AM, MEEBLOX said:

As I mentioned before, I am a chromie...
There is this service named Linode which is a linux virtual Lish-Based Command Line..

Should I try to make a ClassiCube server for $5/mo?

bro you cant

and mcgalaxy is completely free