Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

_Hayden_

Freedom Over Dictatorship: Our Call For Change

Same can be said for every other chromie freebuild, the chromies just can't word it like that.

7 minutes ago, _Hayden_ said:

Yeah, looks like a chromie freebuild to me.

scrot.png

well chromies aren't great builders

3 minutes ago, _Hayden_ said:

Clearly just terrible builds.

scrot.png

i like builds when they aren't just big boxes

1 minute ago, catgirl said:

Just having good builds does not mean you put work into your server.

a good example being 2d2t - i have put no effort at all into it and it has some nice stuff on there

You are correct, good builds do not quantify hard work. However, what I am saying is that the abolishment of autocracy and the rise of democracy within our community has done nothing but good for itself, and the rights of the Members, the Conference, the Moderators, the Owner and OD alike. The democratic system is the way forward to push change and eliminate harmful causes of toxicity and discrimination in a given community, and progress way faster than without.

1 minute ago, _Hayden_ said:

You are correct, good builds do not quantify hard work. However, what I am saying is that the abolishment of autocracy and the rise of democracy within our community has done nothing but good for itself, and the rights of the Members, the Conference, the Moderators, the Owner and OD alike. The democratic system is the way forward to push change and eliminate harmful causes of toxicity and discrimination in a given community, and progress way faster than without.

or, you could just, eliminate discrimination by moderation, not have a whole politics system set up

That's assuming the Moderators will do such, which is not guaranteed unless in a democratic system where Moderators can just be voted off if they embody such harmful characteristics.

You didn't put in any effort into the server apart from self promoting it, adding backports of modern Minecraft blocks, creating a questionable leadership structure and an organization fulfilled by your LARPing. I however have put in effort into creating my server. I spent my time getting all of those maps for my server, setting them up, forking the server software and adding new features to the server and fixing issues with the server and you claim that your leadership structure is better than mine when yours requires people to be "democratic", which may end up horribly for the player base (just look at what the republicans are doing in the US and you'll understand why).

That's assuming the Moderators will do such, which is not guaranteed unless in a democratic system where Moderators can just be voted off if they embody such harmful characteristics.

or, you could just, demote the bad moderators, instead of having a whole politics system set up

17 minutes ago, icanttellyou said:

You didn't put in any effort into the server apart from self promoting it, adding backports of modern Minecraft blocks, creating a questionable leadership structure and an organization fulfilled by your LARPing. I however have put in effort into creating my server. I spent my time getting all of those maps for my server, setting them up, forking the server software and adding new features to the server and fixing issues with the server and you claim that your leadership structure is better than mine when yours requires people to be "democratic", which may end up horribly for the player base (just look at what the republicans are doing in the US and you'll understand why).

Again, I'm not trying to fulfil a dick measuring contest — that wasn't the point of this post. Yes, the leadership of the server is arguably a better system because it gives the ordinary people the rights to vote on the issues that matter in their server. The Republicans have nothing to do with our server and telling me that democracy is a bad system because some Trumpists in the U.S. are restricting people's rights (which is not a democracy) is an inherently flawed argument.

44 minutes ago, _Hayden_ said:

It's easy to play around with all these CFAs on simple and quick freebuild servers, but when a larger server comes into play, it's much harder and pricier to fuck around like that. This system is so flawed in the context of ClassiCube, where everyone can create their own server ("country") and have their own rules there. Some server didn't add this feature, another one will. A server is dying, move to another one! Is it too easy to just not play on a server that you don't like? Maybe there should be a paid subscription for joining "foreign" servers to the first server you joined ever?

Funnily, most servers actually know what matters to the players and start votes on the issues that require the players' descisions.

Again, if you have valid arguments that the system is flawed which I haven't already responded to, then go ahead. But this system has been functioning in a well-developed community for about two years now, and the server certainly isn't going to collapse as it grows. The system only gets better and better. Yes, servers can choose which features they add, and if one chooses a feature and another doesn't, then so be it. That's their democratic system at play. It is better if there are democratic systems everywhere than for people to just keep creating servers because they don't like any of them. And if most servers did actually know what their players wanted, then there'd be more than a handful of servers which people would actually enjoy.

No, I never claimed that. New The30s will almost certainly never be as "great" in terms of development than servers such as NA2, New Blood, etc... That's because they are much older. But we don't want another NA2 clone, that's what NA2 is for. We like our server for what it is, and we like NA2 for what NA2 is. All I'm saying is the servers would be much happier and would have developed so much quicker if the democratic system was put into place. And there'd be a lot better selection of servers to enjoy.

15 minutes ago, _Hayden_ said:

We like our server for what it is

your server is just a chromie freebuild but 10 times more deranged

I disagree thar servers would develop quicker with the wait for voting and potential discardments of the ideas the team behind the server is suggesting to move the server into a pre-defined direction of consistency and theme. Larger-scale servers (unlike your little single-map and realm server) would be really hurt by this, if they adopted your system. Many parts of this community do not play certain servers because they do not have some particular features. Asking the small part of a server's current (biased towards certain features, e.g. gamemodes) playerbase about adding features that would attract the playerbase of another server while keeping the current playerbase may end up in the vote losing, and the playerbase being locked out "from the rest of the world" (What may lead to the server eventually dying from the lack of new players).

4 minutes ago, MESYETI said:

your server is just a chromie freebuild but 10 times more deranged

Again with the nonsense insults. I'm not deranged enough to organise a raid on some else's community that has done nothing to affect yours. Nothing.

Again with the nonsense insults. I'm not deranged enough to organise a raid on some else's community that has done nothing to affect yours. Nothing.

i already told you the "raid" wasn't organised

So, it wasn't organised, but you asked a group of people to join our server and spam it? What is the definition of the word "organised"?

17 minutes ago, _Hayden_ said:

So, it wasn't organised, but you asked a group of people to join our server and spam it? What is the definition of the word "organised"?

i didn't ask anyone to join lol

Are you sure about that? Are you really sure about that?

[Member] [boykisser] Arstao: i was asked to join in
[Member] [boykisser] Arstao: didn't know this shit was a raid LOL
[Member] [boykisser] Arstao: i was asked on discord to join in LOL
[Member] [boykisser] Arstao: and changed my nickname to gay and shit