Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hdfsyu

How to make someone have access to console?

Question

How do I make someone have full access to the server's console without sending server files to them and while I am still hosting it? They said there is a way to do this and you have to send the invite by Email... Please help

8 answers to this question

Don't do this. This is how you get your server ruined by people who pretend to be trustworthy. Seen it a million times
If you absolutely must, though, we would need to know what you are using to host exactly to answer the question.

Hmmmmm I am the server host, however I am not the owner, someone told me to host it for them and I am using a laptop to host the server

I'll leave you with some advice from previously hosting the original MCCH off my home PC for a few years. DO NOT share console access with a single other person. The only methods of sharing access to your console would be to hand over full remote-access permissions to your computer which is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. Would you give your sibling or friend the password and full access to your smart phone at any time? No. Would you hand over the information to your bank account to the pizza guy that comes to your house even though you "trust him"? No.

Handing over console access is ASKING for file ownership issues, users snooping through your personal data, and malware to be installed on your PC. Additionally, Nominatus is a staff member on your server and has recently been caught spreading malware.

Please heed this advice. I have no desire to participate in your server or to give you false advice. Please be safe with your internet and hosting practices.

1 hour ago, Panda said:

Additionally, Nominatus is a staff member on your server and has recently been caught spreading malware.

Even worse, he managed to social engineer them into installing an “anti ddos” plug-in which does nothing but install a back door, especially the fact that he only gave them the binaries to the plug-in and not the source as every trustful developer does.

7 hours ago, icanttellyou said:

Even worse, he managed to social engineer them into installing an “anti ddos” plug-in which does nothing but install a back door, especially the fact that he only gave them the binaries to the plug-in and not the source as every trustful developer does.

It's rather sad that the people capable of this are doing it on a sandbox block game...

@hdfsyu, do yourself a favor and listen to all of the smart people above me.

On 1/27/2022 at 9:09 PM, icanttellyou said:

some trustworthy devs may only want to share their plugins as closed source (only giving .dlls), the same holds true for minecraft plugins (spigot/bukkit) (.jars).

"This server is Co-Owned" Famous Last words of any server that was owned by Police1234