Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ruckus

Name Changes Idea

Hey everyone, I just wanted to ask if you guys will ever add name changes? Like if you accidentally named yourself something you didn’t like would you let them change it? And when they do change it they have to wait a certain amount of time to wait to change their name again. Idk just wondering, cause I don’t want to keep making accounts if I don’t like my name anymore

Name changes are off the table due to the countless number of software and databases that all use the username as the sole way to identify the account.
Name change is also fairly pointless considering the amount of effort it would be to support. This game is free, just make a new account if you really hate your current name. Or, better yet, think before making your initial name.

Some servers are generous enough to allow you to change your nickname (for that server), though.

4 hours ago, Goodly said:

Some servers are generous enough to allow you to change your nickname (for that server), though.

Tbh I dont like the idea of /nick it just confuses me when i try and mute/warn/kick/ban a player i think /nick should be something like /shortnick from na2

8 hours ago, Goodly said:

This game is free, just make a new account if you really hate your current name.

Well its not easy as that, rlly. Ive have my account for years (2yrs not rlly that long but its somethin), and in my second year I now have a deep hate of my name. I would make another account but, I've done like 7 maps in na2 on plenty more in other severs. If i drop this account there would be alot other things I would be doping other than my name. (realms, progress in adventure maps, ranks ,etc.).

thats why I believe having like a Username changes would be a pretty cool idea, but I also agree w/ goodly.....

8 hours ago, Goodly said:

Name changes are off the table due to the countless number of software and databases that all use the username as the sole way to identify the account.
Name change is also fairly pointless considering the amount of effort it would be to support.

I would be just way to much work to do something like that; which is pretty pointless

there would be pro and cons but at the end of the day, its not goin to happen

yall the amount of server work that would require this.

You're talking about moving from unique usernames to something else like a UUID. Which means, every server software as well as the api would have to change to support UUID as a unique, which means it breaks the classic protocol as well.

It's doable, but it also would require a lot of work and a lot of updates across everything, as well as potentially break a lot of stuff.