Venk

Now Accepting Plugin Requests

Posted (edited)

If you are looking for some plugins for your server or even just have a whacky/random idea that you think could be interesting, please leave a comment detailing your ideas below and myself or another developer might just turn it into a reality!

Please take note of the following disclaimers when submitting your plugin requests:

1. Extremely time-consuming/high effort requests such as survival, redstone, whole gamemodes etc. will likely be ignored.
  2. This is not a permanent thing, developers will tackle requests at their own leisure.
  3. Plugins that already exist or are a minor variation of another are also likely to be ignored. Please check the MCGalaxy plugins repository, and subsequently, the repositories listed at the bottom to see if a plugin already exists.
  4. Plugins may take anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks, depending on the difficulty of the plugin and the amount of requests in the queue.
  5. Immature/inappropriate/malicious plugins will be declined.
Edited by Venk
  • Winner 1

Would you take requests for actual MCGalaxy PRs? I initially wanted a plugin to do this, but it really should be default behavior. A PR that:

1. allows the staff to choose which blocks are used in /highlight via a command (globally, only needs to be used once)
2. when highlighting is performed, replaces all existing highlight blocks in the level with another block
3. uses blockdefinitions, to lighten the chosen highlight blocks and darken all other fullbright blocks
3. temporarily darken the level using env cpe

I wrote a plugin for NA2 that does everything except for step 1 if it helps. Though it currently assumes support for zone and blockdef and env CPE
higherlight.cs

I'd also like to request a plugin that replaces /high5 with a version where both players have to consent before it publicly activates

can you make a plugin where all players have to consent each time a chat message is sent
e.g.
User1 would like to send a message! Would you like to see it? Type (Y/N)

Could you make a nudge/move command where you select and area like cuboid, then using the arrow keys/command hotkeys you can move the structure until you deselect it.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Goodly said:

Would you take requests for actual MCGalaxy PRs? I initially wanted a plugin to do this, but it really should be default behavior. A PR that:

1. allows the staff to choose which blocks are used in /highlight via a command (globally, only needs to be used once)
2. when highlighting is performed, replaces all existing highlight blocks in the level with another block
3. uses blockdefinitions, to lighten the chosen highlight blocks and darken all other fullbright blocks
3. temporarily darken the level using env cpe

I wrote a plugin for NA2 that does everything except for step 1 if it helps. Though it currently assumes support for zone and blockdef and env CPE
higherlight.cs

I think this should mainly be for plugins as there is already an 'issues' system on the MCGalaxy GitHub repository which I feel achieves the same thing.

2 hours ago, Goodly said:

I'd also like to request a plugin that replaces /high5 with a version where both players have to consent before it publicly activates

No longer must we suffer /high5 abuse: https://github.com/ddinan/classicube-stuff/blob/master/MCGalaxy/Plugins/Features/High5Consent.cs

1 hour ago, UmbreoClaw said:

can you make a plugin where all players have to consent each time a chat message is sent
e.g.
User1 would like to send a message! Would you like to see it? Type (Y/N)

By "all players" do you mean everybody on the server has to unanimously agree in order for the message to be sent? Or would players individually type Y/N to see the message themselves? What should happen if multiple messages happen at the same time?

Edited by Venk
  • Winner 1

35 minutes ago, Venk said:

Very nice, thank you! This actually showed me I can unregister default commands... I should do that instead of my hacky way to replace /highlight

edit: shouldn't this be using p.ColoredName instead of p.DisplayName?
edit2:
Here is a version that fixes that: high5consent.cs

1 hour ago, Venk said:

I think this should mainly be for plugins as there is already an 'issues' system on the MCGalaxy GitHub repository which I feel achieves the same thing.

No longer must we suffer /high5 abuse: https://github.com/ddinan/classicube-stuff/blob/master/MCGalaxy/Plugins/Features/High5Consent.cs

By "all players" do you mean everybody on the server has to unanimously agree in order for the message to be sent? Or would players individually type Y/N to see the message themselves? What should happen if multiple messages happen at the same time?

Each player would have to type y/n to see each message, not a server type of voting, so each player could individually see a message or ignore it 

I'd like to see some exotic draw operations and map generator themes. Maybe something like /PolarRose drawop, just as an example? I've also been thinking about 3D Turtle Graphics in MCGalaxy, but I suppose it might be too time consuming.

Okay but also on a serious note, what about Direct Messages, like a toggle to turn direct messages on or off in a server

1 minute ago, UmbreoClaw said:

Okay but also on a serious note, what about Direct Messages, like a toggle to turn direct messages on or off in a server

use /help whisper

5 minutes ago, Goodly said:

use /help whisper

image.png.825dd2723fcd0de3a0826b416e6bbc46.png

I mean as in, like people can/cant dm you based on that setting

1 hour ago, August92014 said:

I'd like to see some exotic draw operations and map generator themes. Maybe something like /PolarRose drawop, just as an example? I've also been thinking about 3D Turtle Graphics in MCGalaxy, but I suppose it might be too time consuming.

it would be horrible on the server performance but what if for every block in a draw op you could preform another draw op. you could do thing like make thicker lines or round cuboids with spheres

1 hour ago, August92014 said:

What would that even do? I have no idea what a polar rose is. But I know what is turtle graphics as we had to go through using LOGO back in like basic school.

19 hours ago, icanttellyou said:

What would that even do? I have no idea what a polar rose is. But I know what is turtle graphics as we had to go through using LOGO back in like basic school.

What variant of Logo do you remember using?

1 minute ago, August92014 said:

What variant of Logo do you remember using?

I honestly forgot, but it was some old Windows software from maybe like the early 2000s.

Just now, icanttellyou said:

I honestly forgot, but it was some old Windows software from maybe like the early 2000s.

Do you remember any specific quirks about the software that you remember? What kind of UI did it have?

5 minutes ago, August92014 said:

Do you remember any specific quirks about the software that you remember? What kind of UI did it have?

Um... Not really. All I know is that it was developed in the Czech Republic and it was translated to Lithuanian. And it clearly wasn't adapted to support Windows XP themes properly

On 8/4/2024 at 4:34 PM, Venk said:

3. Plugins that already exist or are a minor variation of another are also likely to be ignored. Please check the MCGalaxy plugins repository, and subsequently, the repositories listed at the bottom to see if a plugin already exists.

I understand it will probably go against this disclaimer, but hear me out, I'd like to see an improved plugin that is based off of 1ToastyBred1's Last Location plugin.

I've implemented this plugin to my server, modified with my flair, moved the "LastLocations" folder to go in the plugins folder and to have have a list of specific maps of where I don't want players to be teleported to when they rejoin (they will just join in at the server main instead) and I find it very useful, but there's 2 things I'd like changed of which I've attempted, but don't have the technical knowledge or the time to do it myself and making it work.

1. When player joins, they should be sent straight to the level of their last location, instead of spawning them in main as usual, having to do Thread.Sleep for a short time, and then changing their level and teleporting them to their last position.

2. There should be an option for the player to toggle whether they want to teleport to the last location in the map they left off at or spawn in the server main. (Maybe have a config on which should be default set by server owner?)

1 minute ago, MasterlazorX said:

I understand it will probably go against this disclaimer, but hear me out, I'd like to see an improved plugin that is based off of 1ToastyBred1's Last Location plugin.

I've implemented this plugin to my server, modified with my flair, moved the "LastLocations" folder to go in the plugins folder and to have have a list of specific maps of where I don't want players to be teleported to when they rejoin (they will just join in at the server main instead) and I find it very useful, but there's 2 things I'd like changed of which I've attempted, but don't have the technical knowledge or the time to do it myself and making it work.

1. When player joins, they should be sent straight to the level of their last location, instead of spawning them in main as usual, having to do Thread.Sleep for a short time, and then changing their level and teleporting them to their last position.

2. There should be an option for the player to toggle whether they want to teleport to the last location in the map they left off at or spawn in the server main. (Maybe have a config on which should be default set by server owner?)

MCGalaxy provides no way to accomplish point 1. As for a blacklist of maps that can't be teleported on rejoin, maybe any map with -hax shouldn't count as those are usually challenge maps with technical details that could get messed up

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Goodly said:

MCGalaxy provides no way to accomplish point 1. As for a blacklist of maps that can't be teleported on rejoin, maybe any map with -hax shouldn't count as those are usually challenge maps with technical details that could get messed up

I had a feeling about point 1, but then there was a plugin I came across, I think it was called ClassicMode, that one looks like it sends classic users straight to a different main dedicated to classic users, basically like joining on NA2 on any client that doesn't use CPE.

Could something similar to that be possibly employed to the plugin?

Edited by MasterlazorX

1 minute ago, MasterlazorX said:

I had a feeling about point 1, but then there was a plugin I came across, I think it was called ClassicMode, that one looks like it sends classic users straight to a different main dedicated to classic users, basically like joining on NA2 on any client that doesn't use CPE. Could something similar to that he possibly employed to the plugin?

There is no way to change what level players spawn into initially

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Goodly said:

There is no way to change what level players spawn into initially

Alright, I now get that, so now my question is how does something like that plugin behave when a player joins on Classic Mode?

I'm assuming it very quickly changes level right after the player gets sent the main level upon join, and it doesn't show the level change or unless I am mistaken?

I know about the delay on the original Last Location plugin, because having no delay almost always causes problems for the client-side user requiring a map reload.

Edited by MasterlazorX