Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

curtis

How many commits do I have to make to get a developer tag?

Question

If I want to spread misinformation more effectively, I need to look more official. I would just try and get in the moderation team but that doesn't seem likely since I am on Goodly's naughty list for staff impersonation. So it seems the only realistically possible way to achieve this is to get the developer tag on the forums. How much would I have to contribute to the github in order to be considered a major developer and get the highly respected developer tag? Is developer only something available to people as a job? These forums should have an answer. Also on an unrelated note there should be a staff page on the forums so I can have a convenient list of someone other than Goodly or Andrew to talk about in these posts.

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, curtis said:

Also on an unrelated note there should be a staff page on the forums

In navigation bar, Other stuff -> Staff

2 hours ago, curtis said:

How much would I have to contribute to the github in order to be considered a major developer and get the highly respected developer tag? Is developer only something available to people as a job?

Hello potential developer applicant,

All candidates are required to possess the following experience at a minimum before applying:

• 15 years experience in Memory Leaking (C)
  • 20 years experience in Microsoft Java (C#)
  • 25 years experience in YourSQL & SQLime
  • 30 years experience in Subjective C
  • 35 years experience of Scripting in Java (JavaScript)
  • 40 years experience in snake taming (Python)
  • 45 years experience in violence (bash)
  • 50 years of committing to the client github

After a 100 year unpaid internship, you may be considered for the developer role.

Spoiler

There aren't really any guidelines - but at bare a minimum, both quality and quantity of contributed code would be considered before granting developer access

41 minutes ago, curtis said:

If I want to spread misinformation more effectively, I need to look more official. I would just try and get in the moderation team but that doesn't seem likely since I am on Goodly's naughty list for staff impersonation. So it seems the only realistically possible way to achieve this is to get the developer tag on the forums. How much would I have to contribute to the github in order to be considered a major developer and get the highly respected developer tag? Is developer only something available to people as a job? These forums should have an answer. Also on an unrelated note there should be a staff page on the forums so I can have a convenient list of someone other than Goodly or Andrew to talk about in these posts.

A thousand commits, or more or less. Depends on your luck and skills.

8 hours ago, curtis said:

To my knowledge there aren't and developer "jobs" to earn pay but you're always more than welcome to submit Pull Requests to the MCGalaxy repository with improvements and clean code if you'd like to contribute - this will build your trust and show your commitment to the community. Additionally, if you're needing access to the ClassiCube staff page, please click the following link

13 hours ago, UnknownShadow200 said:

In navigation bar, Other stuff -> Staff

Hello potential developer applicant,

All candidates are required to possess the following experience at a minimum before applying:

• 15 years experience in Memory Leaking (C)
  • 20 years experience in Microsoft Java (C#)
  • 25 years experience in YourSQL & SQLime
  • 30 years experience in Subjective C
  • 35 years experience of Scripting in Java (JavaScript)
  • 40 years experience in snake taming (Python)
  • 45 years experience in violence (bash)
  • 50 years of committing to the client github

After a 100 year unpaid internship, you may be considered for the developer role.

Reveal hidden contents

There aren't really any guidelines - but at bare a minimum, both quality and quantity of contributed code would be considered before granting developer access

7 hours ago, Panda said:

To my knowledge there aren't and developer "jobs" to earn pay but you're always more than welcome to submit Pull Requests to the MCGalaxy repository with improvements and clean code if you'd like to contribute - this will build your trust and show your commitment to the community. Additionally, if you're needing access to the ClassiCube staff page, please click the following link

Excellent work you two. You will be relieving Goodly's and Andrew's duties as best staff to talk about in the next post. Congratulations. Good work.