Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lashednova

how do i give a player console

Question

5 answers to this question

You can't unless you're hosting via Eddynet and the person you want to give console has an Eddynet games account.

There are a couple options here...

If the server is running on your PC and you're wanting to share the console, you're going to have to use a Remote Desktop Program to allow those you want to access the server console. That being said, they will also have full access to your computer, and I don't recommend this option whatsoever.

If the server is running on a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or VM (Virtual Machine), you could add user accounts to the machine so you can allow others access to the console. I only suggest this method if you know what you're doing and will take the precautions necessary such as setting up an SSL certificate or use SSH keys.

Lastly, you could set your server up with an IRC and IRCOPS channel, add those who should have console access to IRC_Controllers.txt and have those users issue the console commands from IRC using the ".x commandhere" prefix. Otherwise, it's a good idea to maintain console access for ONLY YOURSELF. You should be able to get away with most other command permissions just allocating ranks to players.

1 minute ago, lashednova said:

how i give console with mc galaxy im trying to say 

9 minutes ago, Panda said:

There are a couple options here...

If the server is running on your PC and you're wanting to share the console, you're going to have to use a Remote Desktop Program to allow those you want to access the server console. That being said, they will also have full access to your computer, and I don't recommend this option whatsoever.

If the server is running on a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or VM (Virtual Machine), you could add user accounts to the machine so you can allow others access to the console. I only suggest this method if you know what you're doing and will take the precautions necessary such as setting up an SSL certificate or use SSH keys.

Lastly, you could set your server up with an IRC and IRCOPS channel, add those who should have console access to IRC_Controllers.txt and have those users issue the console commands from IRC using the ".x commandhere" prefix. Otherwise, it's a good idea to maintain console access for ONLY YOURSELF. You should be able to get away with most other command permissions just allocating ranks to players.

30 minutes ago, lashednova said:

how i give console with mc galaxy im trying to say 

MCGalaxy deliberately does not include remote console functionality - the nearest option in MCGalaxy itself is through IRC. (adding IRC controllers with /IRCControllers, and then set IRC controllers rank in server.properties to nobody)