LJplays

client update idea

classicube is mostly experienced on servers; So why not give the server unique control over the client.Im thinking a packet that could display a png from the texture pack could be super cool. if the server could add images with one packet and clear them with another you could make custom shops,minimaps,card games, you could add a tint or custom gui to show your team in a minigame. I know it probably wont happen but I would love to see more visual customization controlled server side

Most of these things are possible right now!

Displaying an image can be done with a bot in many ways, the way I do it is using a skinnedcube model with a custom model scale so it looks like a flat screen (it's tedious work to calculate how much you need to stretch it for your image, but it is possible). You can also make click interactions with bots, so a shop shouldn't be difficult.

Now, if you're talking about displaying a png or a custom GUI outside of the game world, then that isn't possible yet, but there's clever ways to mimic similar things - using CPE messages on the corners of the screen and controlling them using server-defined hotkeys. Both of these things you can do with MCGalaxy plugins.

A GUI tint (from what I understand) is also possible, but might be hard due to MCGalaxy not directly supporting the ability to send each player a different texture pack, you'd have to write that functionality yourself. Make two custom texture packs with a different tint, and depending on the player's team, send them a packet with the texture pack with their corresponding tint.

I hope this is helpful and inspires you to create something amazing, but it would be nice if some of your suggestions had a more streamlined process.

• Agree 3

that's why I love this idea it not just one added feature its the possibilities that it opens up. I like your tint idea and would like to make it with your permission; sending a texture pack to a single client is one line of code so it shouldn't be to hard!

1 hour ago, LJplays said:

that's why I love this idea it not just one added feature its the possibilities that it opens up. I like your tint idea and would like to make it with your permission; sending a texture pack to a single client is one line of code so it shouldn't be to hard!

You don't need my permission, it's not some innovative, unheard of concept, it's just the first thing that came to mind when you mentioned different teams having different tints. Go ahead, I would like to see the result.

• Agree 1

Bradley was BANNED for this post by Panda

Ban Reason: One-word posts WILL get you banned! - 4 hours

ya

• Dumb 1
  • Asshole 1

I would use like CustomModels and make a like giant painting model and then import the texture pack to that model. Watch this comment like 10 dumbs and 10 A holes because they know im right.

• Asshole 1
  • Disagree 3

5 hours ago, Alex_ said:

You don't need my permission, it's not some innovative, unheard of concept, it's just the first thing that came to mind when you mentioned different teams having different tints. Go ahead, I would like to see the result.

It a couple minutes to find the right event but it's quite simple
https://github.com/commaster101/classicube-thingys/blob/main/infectedtexture.cs

• Agree 1

i like freecam and bot control to be to the client that would bbe the best

Here are some potential ideas for a Classicube VR mod:

1. Block building: Use VR controllers to build in Classicube with 3D blocks. This would allow for a more immersive building experience in the game.

2. New texture packs: Create new texture packs that are specifically designed for VR. This could allow for a more realistic and immersive experience.

3. Motion controls: Allow players to use motion controls for certain actions in Classicube. For example, players could use their hands to swing a pickaxe or hold a sword. 4. Multiplayer support: Introduce multiplayer support in VR, allowing players to join other individuals or groups who are also playing in VR.

5. First-person view: Enable first-person view in VR mode, allowing players to see the world around them from their own perspective. This would provide a completely new gameplay experience in Classicube.

6. Improved physics: Use VR to enhance player interaction with the game environment. For example, players could physically interact with objects, build bridges, and cross rivers.

7. Movement system: Implement a new movement system that is more suitable for VR. Perhaps a teleportation system with a short animation or a grab and move system that allows players to reach and move objects at a distance. These are just a few ideas. A VR mod could be a big project, but it could also offer a unique and

• cube 1

58 minutes ago, im20op1234 said:

i like freecam and bot control to be to the client that would bbe the best

Here are some potential ideas for a Classicube VR mod:

1. Block building: Use VR controllers to build in Classicube with 3D blocks. This would allow for a more immersive building experience in the game.

2. New texture packs: Create new texture packs that are specifically designed for VR. This could allow for a more realistic and immersive experience.

3. Motion controls: Allow players to use motion controls for certain actions in Classicube. For example, players could use their hands to swing a pickaxe or hold a sword. 4. Multiplayer support: Introduce multiplayer support in VR, allowing players to join other individuals or groups who are also playing in VR.

5. First-person view: Enable first-person view in VR mode, allowing players to see the world around them from their own perspective. This would provide a completely new gameplay experience in Classicube.

6. Improved physics: Use VR to enhance player interaction with the game environment. For example, players could physically interact with objects, build bridges, and cross rivers.

7. Movement system: Implement a new movement system that is more suitable for VR. Perhaps a teleportation system with a short animation or a grab and move system that allows players to reach and move objects at a distance. These are just a few ideas. A VR mod could be a big project, but it could also offer a unique and

Slow down there, GPT.

• Agree 1