Snappy

Why the hell does McGalaxy for mac only have exe files?

Why does McGalaxy only have exe files for mac installation. It's counter intuitive. The McGalaxy readme says nothing about how to run McGalaxy on mac. It's completely foolish to make a mac install for McGalaxy and expect the user to figure out how to use exe files on macos. It's completely Illogical!

• Dumb 1

We're very sorry for the inconvenience. If you would like, you can contact the ClassiCube administration team for a full refund

• Winner 2

Just now, Goodly said:

We're very sorry for the inconvenience. If you would like, you can contact the ClassiCube administration team for a full refund

Refund for what? I didn't pay for anything.

• cube 1

29 minutes ago, Snappy said:

Why does McGalaxy only have exe files for mac installation. It's counter intuitive. The McGalaxy readme says nothing about how to run McGalaxy on mac. It's completely foolish to make a mac install for McGalaxy and expect the user to figure out how to use exe files on macos. It's completely Illogical!

ok good luck

1 hour ago, Snappy said:

I completely agree. Someone should really put that in the README or something! Though, I definitely shouldn't assume people would read it.

• Winner 1

9 hours ago, AndrewPH said:

ok good luck

What do you mean by good luck? I didn't say I was gonna do something.

8 hours ago, TomCube2 said:

I completely agree. Someone should really put that in the README or something! Though, I definitely shouldn't assume people would read it.

Or better yet. Make CLI and GUI compatible with macos.

• Friendly 2
  • Funny 1

I mean, you could also look at the README. I wonder if there's anything related to MacOS in the Setup section...

• Winner 1

10 hours ago, TomCube2 said:

I mean, you could also look at the README. I wonder if there's anything related to MacOS in the Setup section...

It's just telling to install mono framework and how to join via lan but thats it.

You could maybe possibly perchance try actually doing what it says to do? Idk man, just a thought...

8 hours ago, Snappy said:

It's just telling to install mono framework and how to join via lan but thats it.

I have reworded the MCGalaxy download page (https://www.classicube.net/mcg/download/) to be clearer, does that help?

You can also download the standalone build from that page that can be run directly on macOS without needing to install mono - it is CLI only though.

1 hour ago, UnknownShadow200 said:

I have reworded the MCGalaxy download page (https://www.classicube.net/mcg/download/) to be clearer, does that help?

You can also download the standalone build from that page that can be run directly on macOS without needing to install mono - it is CLI only though.

Thanks! I will try when I get home.

10 hours ago, UnknownShadow200 said:

I run the command for the GUI and it returns "illegal instruction: 4"

7 minutes ago, Snappy said:

I run the command for the GUI and it returns "illegal instruction: 4"

What version of MacOS are you using? As mentioned in the instructions, it will not work with 10.15 or later.
image.png

1 hour ago, 123DontMessWitMe said:

What version of MacOS are you using? As mentioned in the instructions, it will not work with 10.15 or later.
image.png

macos 10.7 but its a virtual machine

1 hour ago, 123DontMessWitMe said:

image.png

by the way i should have also mentioned that the same illegal instruction error code came when i tried to run CLI too

Why are you running macos 10.7 in a virtual machine? What is your actual OS and isn't it more likely to be able to run MCGalaxy?

1 hour ago, Goodly said:

Why are you running macos 10.7 in a virtual machine? What is your actual OS and isn't it more likely to be able to run MCGalaxy?

I had a working 10.7 virtual machine so I wanted to see if MCGalaxy GUI would work since it's 32-bit. My actual OS is macOS Sequoia and not at all can run MCGalaxy GUI.