Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

qianhou87

Should I buy a tablet or stay with a mouse?

Question

So, I've been playing ClassiCube for a whole 3 months now. And those 3 months, I've been using the mouse and the keyboard. 
lately I've been thinking to buy a new redacted to play ClassiCube game. Should I buy a pen tablet? If so, what tablet is the best to play ClassiCube on?

6 answers to this question

In my opinion, you should just stick with mouse and keyboard, don't buy a drawing tablet just to play ClassiCube. I use a GAOMON PD1161 and tried it out and it doesn't really work. The camera either spins around uncontrollably or doesn't move at all. Some tablets have a mouse mode setting you can use, so it's probably possible to get working, though I don't think it'd be worth the money for a worse control method for a game if that's your only reason for getting it.

You said you were playing for 3 months, but your account is only a few days old? Also it sounds a lot like a bot advertising a product and not having a clue what ClassiCube is.

2 hours ago, joltic_slayer said:

In my opinion, you should just stick with mouse and keyboard, don't buy a drawing tablet just to play ClassiCube. I use a GAOMON PD1161 and tried it out and it doesn't really work. The camera either spins around uncontrollably or doesn't move at all. Some tablets have a mouse mode setting you can use, so it's probably possible to get working, though I don't think it'd be worth the money for a worse control method for a game if that's your only reason for getting it.

Which operating system are you using? Are you using webclient or native client?

8 minutes ago, UnknownShadow200 said:

Which operating system are you using? Are you using webclient or native client?

I'm using native client on Windows 10. I'm sure if I fiddle around with the tablet settings I could get it to work, I didn't try too much though.

7 minutes ago, joltic_slayer said:

I'm using native client on Windows 10. I'm sure if I fiddle around with the tablet settings I could get it to work, I didn't try too much though.

Are you using latest release or latest dev build?

A change was made 18 days ago that may address your input issues, although the change is only in dev builds (https://github.com/UnknownShadow200/ClassiCube/commit/57504bf22e25e4eea01870966f39f3390c929d99)