TBNRfrags1

How do I save controls on a Chromebook?

Question

So everytime I join a server my custom controls are set back to the defaults everytime I log out and log back in! +someone said that if ur on a Chromebook it might not save. Is there anyway to guarantee to save my custom controls on a chromebook?

4 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Pear said:

Step one is to stop using a Chromebook. You can start by going to Amazon.

Ok, but seriously, if I remember correctly, the web version of the client will not save anything unless your cookie settings are messed up. In my testing, it saved a handful of my web client settings for me. You might have to check your browser settings and ensure that you can accept cookies from this website.

It's  a school chromebook so clearly the school did something. 

The webclient automatically saves options to IndexedDB anytime you change an option, so there's nothing you can manually configure with saving.

I have updated the webclient to log any errors when saving IndexedDB now - so if possible, can you please try changing an option again and see if you get an error message in chat now

image.png

• Winner 1

that does not happen to me  but maybe u can like restart r computer or just wait till classicube fixs it

• Agree 1

Step one is to stop using a Chromebook. You can start by going to Amazon.

Ok, but seriously, if I remember correctly, the web version of the client will not save anything unless your cookie settings are messed up. In my testing, it saved a handful of my web client settings for me. You might have to check your browser settings and ensure that you can accept cookies from this website.

• Agree 1