Kelpermoon

I cannot connect to my old classic server via the classicube client

Question

Posted (edited)

I wanted to check up on the place but I cant seem to connect using the classicube client, its version 0.0.23a_1 which as far as I know is one of the later classic versions, I keep getting a wrong version error and was wondering if I could get a hand!

Why here?

I apologize in advance for such a technical topic as im aware that most of you are likely not very technical but I really dont think this is an issue or bug with classcube but rather my own thick skull

The deets

Java

I'm using openlogics openjdk 8 for this, I have never had an issue with any of the open JDK java versions but im aware this could be a potential cause, I have this setup to override all other java versions on my pc

Server + Client version

0.0.23a_1, I was unable to find the classicube protocol version, perhaps ill check the log for details on that

Any help or suggestions/questions are welcome, and mods, if your reading this, I'm sorry if this breaks the rules, if it makes a difference I truly didnt think I was breaking the rules (WHICH IVE READ)! LMAO

Below is a test on a new world to make sure this isnt a simple case of file corruption

1549144697_Screenshot(104).png.83641838640c27ba6d2c8c433f9c493f.png

Edited by Kelpermoon

5 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Kelpermoon said:

Nice idea, but unfortunately...

screenshot_2024-07-25-20-58-47.png.e0ff76b0c3db114086d026ad7521e41b.png

I will probably try updating (after its thoroughly backed up) but if theres a way to change the game version im all ears...

tysm btw

Turn Non-classic features OFF and then the Game version option should become available

ClassiCube is first and foremost a re-creation of Minecraft Classic 0.30. While it does support some older versions, it probably doesn't work with the specific one you chose for your server. If you want it to work for sure you should use the 0.30 server

1 hour ago, Goodly said:

Update: image.png.e2991aab0c30e607f61f34feb8dac4aa.png

Nice idea, but unfortunately...

screenshot_2024-07-25-20-58-47.png.e0ff76b0c3db114086d026ad7521e41b.png

I will probably try updating (after its thoroughly backed up) but if theres a way to change the game version im all ears...

tysm btw

Just now, Goodly said:

Turn Non-classic features OFF and then the Game version option should become available

screenshot_2024-07-25-21-07-14.png.76e6ebd65fa032542cc7827c25454c2f.png

You crazy son of a gun, it worked and I connected successfully

• Dumb 1