Reyna

classicube keeps crashing

Question

Posted (edited)

so im running into an issue with classicube on debian 12 32bit. the launcher opens fine but when i try and play singleplayer or join any server it crashes and gives the reason "Unhandled signal SIGSEGV (code 2) at B75EA000". i have no idea why this is happening i really hope someone can help me with this issue ive uploaded the client.log if that helps.

Edited by Reyna

5 answers to this question

5 hours ago, UnknownShadow200 said:

client.log doesn't appear to be attached here, could you please attach it so I can investigate the crash?

ofc my bad i couldve sworn i attached it

client.log

Hmm, that's a bit tricky. The place where the crash is occurring isn't directly in the ClassiCube executable itself, but somewhere in libc (probably memcpy)

Unfortunately, that does mean there isn't currently enough information to work out what is causing the crash.

Is compiling ClassiCube yourself and running it under gdb something you are fine with doing? Otherwise I will look into adding more crash details to client.log

Can't replicate this crash on Debian 12.5 i386 DVD installed on QEMU x86_64 when compiling the game from source, or using the binaries on the website.

Screenshot_20240414_112934.webp

Reyna should continue working with Unk for now, since this can easily be something specific to their exact CPU or glibc version.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, UnknownShadow200 said:

Hmm, that's a bit tricky. The place where the crash is occurring isn't directly in the ClassiCube executable itself, but somewhere in libc (probably memcpy)

Unfortunately, that does mean there isn't currently enough information to work out what is causing the crash.

Is compiling ClassiCube yourself and running it under gdb something you are fine with doing? Otherwise I will look into adding more crash details to client.log

sure I'll look into doing that im still a newbie when it comes to Linux :p

Edited by Reyna
dumbass emoji