vv0ltz

CustomModels: problem with textures

Question

I feel very stupid right now :[

I've tried to create a model based on my human skin but just with extra additions like ears and nose. And as I can see the model itself loaded perfectly with animations that are already properly set, but the textures... are a mess really. You can see in the spoilers

usesHumanSkin = true

Spoiler

spacer.png

usesHumanSkin = false

Spoiler

11dimage.png

Maybee I fucked up somewhere in the BlockBench itself, through other tests this is the best I've got, though. Take a look, anyway

image.png

• Funny 1

6 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, vv0ltz said:

I try to link an url to the model and it says "The skin must be 64 characters or less", what do I do?

Use https://garbage.loan/ to upload ClassiCube skins with short urls

We need to be able to download your model in order to definitively troubleshoot what went wrong. Can you upload it somewhere?

My guess: You are using "uv rotation" feature, which isn't supported in ClassiCube models.

1 hour ago, Goodly said:

We need to be able to download your model in order to definitively troubleshoot what went wrong. Can you upload it somewhere?

My guess: You are using "uv rotation" feature, which isn't supported in ClassiCube models.

There it is. Thank you very much in advance!

thickarmmem(2).bbmodel

On 9/12/2023 at 6:40 AM, vv0ltz said:

There it is. Thank you very much in advance!

thickarmmem(2).bbmodel 10.9 kB · 0 downloads

The problem is that you didn't apply the custom skin when you wore the model.

The texture you see in the blockbench window is completely incidental to the actual in-game model and won't be uploaded along with the model

If you want to use a custom texture on a model that is not your ClassiCube skin, you can use `/skin`

Generally speaking, you should set "useshumanskin" option to false if the model is not meant to work with a default human model skin. What this will do is make the model not use your ClassiCube skin by default, and instead it requires you to use `/skin `
If useshumanskin is false, using `/cm wear [model]` will also automatically apply the skin you've set with `/cm config [model] defaultskin`

• Winner 1

5 hours ago, Goodly said:

The problem is that you didn't apply the custom skin when you wore the model.

The texture you see in the blockbench window is completely incidental to the actual in-game model and won't be uploaded along with the model

If you want to use a custom texture on a model that is not your ClassiCube skin, you can use `/skin`

Generally speaking, you should set "useshumanskin" option to false if the model is not meant to work with a default human model skin. What this will do is make the model not use your ClassiCube skin by default, and instead it requires you to use `/skin `
If useshumanskin is false, using `/cm wear [model]` will also automatically apply the skin you've set with `/cm config [model] defaultskin`

I try to link an url to the model and it says "The skin must be 64 characters or less", what do I do?

3 minutes ago, vv0ltz said:

Never mind, I shortened the link, but the model still remains textureless even though I saw the skin for a millisecond

3 minutes ago, Goodly said:

Use https://garbage.loan/ to upload ClassiCube skins with short urls

IT WORKED, THANK YOU SO MUCH