Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stamasd

ClassiCube 1.3.5 on OSX 10.4: error downloading resources

Question

On OSX 10.4.11 I have installed Xcode 2.5, downloaded the sources as of today from github and compiled a binary of 1.3.5. It was successful apart from a few warnings. Of course I enabled OpenGL 1.1 only.

The binary runs, but it fails repeatedly to download some of the resources. It does download a few of them, but then refuses to download the rest. I can attach a screenshot of the error (SSL error).

Is there a solution for that?

Thanks!

classicube1.png

4 answers to this question

ClassiCube downloads sound and music from Mojang's resources server, which now require a minimum of TLS 1.2 support to connect - but unfortunately TLS 1.2 support is not included as part of such an operating system.

So two possible workarounds are to either:

1) Just copy already downloaded sound and music files from another computer

2) Use a more updated libcurl from a third party such as MacPorts. (I have never tried this myself though)

4 hours ago, UnknownShadow200 said:

Thanks, I have actually done exactly that - downloaded the resources on my Linux box and copied them over the OSX machine. And the TLS 1.2 issue explains it.

Also, macports doesn't seem to have an updated libcurl. All I find are perl, python and Tcl bindings to curl - not an updated libcurl itself.

bro if you could drop the file download that would be awesome i actively play classicube on my ibook g4/mac os 10.5.8, and I would love to play online with proper textures and not some sketchy workaround! 

1 hour ago, Cowlord200 said:

bro if you could drop the file download that would be awesome i actively play classicube on my ibook g4/mac os 10.5.8, and I would love to play online with proper textures and not some sketchy workaround! 

Just run ClassiCube on another machine, be it Windows, Linux or OSX - it will download resources and create folders for them inside the same folder you run ClassiCube from. Copy those folders over to the G4 and put them in the same folder as the game binary. That's all.