Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SViN

Made a wrapper for easy installs for Ubuntu/Debian

Source code

Please tell me what you think.

To install, go to releases and get the deb file. The game is installed under ~/.local/share/classicube.

This will not get you a working install on a raspberry pi It also now works on the pi.

On 2/27/2021 at 5:48 PM, SViN said:

Source code

Please tell me what you think.

To install, go to releases and get the deb file. The game is installed under ~/.local/share/classicube.

This will not get you a working install on a raspberry pi It also now works on the pi.

it worked perfectly, thanks for making this 🙂 

it seems that it installs ClassiCube in a write protected directory as I can't take screenshots with the screenshot key

On 3/2/2021 at 8:48 PM, MESYETI said:

it worked perfectly, thanks for making this 🙂 

it seems that it installs ClassiCube in a write protected directory as I can't take screenshots with the screenshot key

it installs the game in a local user folder. And i just tried it and screenshots work.

They are saved in ~/.local/share/classicube/screenshots

if for whatever reason you dont have permissions to the .local folder on your user i think you may have messed with permissions a bit too much. 🙂

try running ls -l ~/.local/share/classicube/screenshots

if it shows your user's name like this

-rw-r--r-- 1 john john 233280 Μαρ   4 08:05 screenshot_2021-03-04-08-05-44.png

then it should be fine

if it shows root you may have messed with the permissions too much and broken something on your system.

On 3/4/2021 at 6:14 AM, SViN said:

it installs the game in a local user folder. And i just tried it and screenshots work.

They are saved in ~/.local/share/classicube/screenshots

if for whatever reason you dont have permissions to the .local folder on your user i think you may have messed with permissions a bit too much. 🙂

try running ls -l ~/.local/share/classicube/screenshots

if it shows your user's name like this

then it should be fine

if it shows root you may have messed with the permissions too much and broken something on your system.

sorry, i usually use F2 but since i installed a new classicube it was F12