Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

touchmenot42

Documentation for Commands

Question

Hi I'm new in Classicube.

I had read the forums but there are less documents helpful for builders. I want to know if we have a proper documentation for each commands? Visiting MCgalaxy site there are less examples, since I'm a player (client) I want to know the following:

1. Adding template maps for os function.

I had read some articles about on how to use to /os map add <theme>. But I want to know is how to insert this <theme> on the server? Is this downloadable on the internet? Also on how can I assess the size of the said map, does the server owner have the control?

2. Repository of textures and other helpers.

I'm importing my own texture but sometimes, I feel it is not enough because sometimes I have this ideas. :Can I know how to make my import texture as default ? Any way to compress the texture or should it be done manually zipping in local computer?

3. Can we "mod" other imported textures?

I know a little of programming, how can we add new functionality in classicube. I know it is only for simplest reason, sometimes I get bored in creating stuff that is inanimate? What are needed to create new items that have unique use (cart in original minecraft)? Any material or reference you can point out?

Thanks,

Happy Gaming

1 answer to this question

The themes are a preset list of types of map generation that are built into the software. You can see a list of themes by using /help newlvl themes. As far as I'm aware, no one has made any extra themes available to download online, though it would be possible for an MCGalaxy plugin to add more if someone made one.

For heightmap theme, you add an extra argument for the URL of the image you are basing the heightmap on. Normally the last argument is optional and is the seed used for the random generation.

You can set the texture pack for a level (so that everyone can see it) with /os map texture . Texture packs must be a .zip file which contains the terrain.png as well as other textures for mobs, weather, and gui if you desire. You can find a template texture pack here.

You can add new functionality to ClassiCube either by making a plugin for the server (or modifying the server directly!) or by modifying the client source code and compiling your own version. Depending on the feature, if you want it to work in multiplayer you may have to add new protocol to the specification, which would require you to modify both the client and server to support it.
Your example of a cart from minecraft could be achieved relatively easily by creating a custom model for a mine cart, then using an MCGalaxy plugin to make it move (as well as anyone who rides it)
You will need to know C# and C to modify the client and server, respectively.

Hope this helps. Feel free to join the discord if you have more complex questions, as it's easier to have back-and-forth conversations there.