Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lynx1

Setting op to a lower rank, and setting a repeated message

Question

so 2 things. 1) op (specifically op chat) is set for admins and up right now. Im trying to figure out how to set it to mod. I tried doing /cmdset op moderator, but that only allows mod to use op chat, they cant see op chat from others. 

2) I want to set a message that occurs every so often on the server, i have no clue how to do this.

3 answers to this question

Use /help opchat
You will notice it says something like 1) Admin+ can read opchat messages
This is extra permission 1. You can set extra permissions with /cmdset opchat mod 1
This changes extra permission #1 on opchat command to be mod.

In text folder you will find messages.txt. Each line in that file will be randomly chosen to display in the server at regular intervals.

2 hours ago, Goodly said:

Use /help opchat
You will notice it says something like 1) Admin+ can read opchat messages
This is extra permission 1. You can set extra permissions with /cmdset opchat mod 1
This changes extra permission #1 on opchat command to be mod.

In text folder you will find messages.txt. Each line in that file will be randomly chosen to display in the server at regular intervals.

This helped a lot, except with the messages.txt. I have 3 lines but it only keeps displaying the last one.

11 hours ago, Lynx1 said:

This helped a lot, except with the messages.txt. I have 3 lines but it only keeps displaying the last one.

You need to restart the server or do /server reload in order to have the most up to date version of the text file loaded. Either that's the issue, or you just got unlucky and it randomly displayed the last one each time.