Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diamond_Cake

I want to make a Freebuild server for making CTF maps/levels

Question

Hello

I  would like to make a Freebuild server for me and my friends to join and where we can make CTF maps.

Nothing crazy, just a place where it is possible to have several levels (maps/worlds) built, main hub I assume would be nice, portals to go from level to level, commands for building like /cuboid and others, and ranks to organize a little bit easier.

My main goal with this is to: create CTF(Capture The Flag) maps for CTF server. and be able to download levels in .cw format, MCEdit sketches (others too maybe) Therefor I want to have a basic Freebuild server to build in. My secondary goal is to make some free builds and have some fun.

I browsed tutorials and other places before posting, and I found that MCGalaxy is the main option for making a Freebuild server? I have no idea which server would be the best for this task. Or which server is the default one to go for, I assume it is MCGalaxy. Ok assuming I get the server(probably MCGalaxy), and port forward it, how do I make it appear at ClassiCube server list and make it join able, workable? Is there some extra steps there? And I guess once it is running in ClassiCube I can then play/ use it as a normal Freebuild server and download .cw files  or MCEdit files from the escape menu.

I am also curious about the ability to import levels into the server via MCedit so that I could import levels from regular Minecraft or the ones I downloaded from ClassiCube into my Freebuild server as ClassiCube levels

This is rather simple thing probably I am struggling with, but I have some questions to clarify and that require help. So thank your time and help in advance, figured it would be better to ask, then to struggle and fail 100 times.

(Side note: YOU ARE ABOUT TO BE BANNED message spooked me hard, I did read guidelines, looked if someone has made similar thread and paid my taxes, to be honest I am not entirely sure if I am posting in right section or right thread, I hope I do, and i do have many doubts, which is the reason I wanna ask questions to get answers and clarify the things that are confusing, but I suppose better to see the message, than to make mistake.)

Thanks for reading, and help, have a good day and upcoming holiday season!

10 answers to this question

Just write another comment for this thread with the clarification you were going to write in the initial post

1 minute ago, Goodly said:

Just write another comment for this thread with the clarification you were going to write in the initial post

Can I just edit initial post and update it, I am half way done writing

Just now, Diamond_Cake said:

Can I just edit initial post and update it, I am half way done writing

Whatever you want, but new posts show up on discord, which is where I get notifications for posts, whereas edits do not

Most of your questions are answered on the MCGalaxy github page. Once you get the server working you'd be better off joining the discord for live help with importing stuff using MCedit, as it's a bit involved...