MiniEggos

Executing ClassiCube opens terminal and text edit; is this normal?

Question

So I have executed the ClassiCube File on my mac but now if I want to open ClassiCube I have to execute the specific file which is not set as an application but rather as "Unix Executable File". So when I execute the file to play, it opens my macs terminal, does some stuff, then opens text edit, and finally opens ClassiCube. I am just wondering if there is a way to set ClassiCube as an application and/or make it so it doesnt have to keep opening terminal and text edit.  If it's not possible and thats just the way ClassiCube works then thats fine with me, I just wanna make sure its normal for mac users.

2 answers to this question

If you place the ClassiCube file in a folder, then rename the folder to ClassiCube.app it should work like a normal app

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, AndrewPH said:

If you place the ClassiCube file in a folder, then rename the folder to ClassiCube.app it should work like a normal app

Alright, so it worked and it's no longer constantly opening the terminal which is great. The only thing is that the app doesn't appear in my launchpad even though its set as an application and is in the applications folder. It's most likely because its an app made for intel MacBooks and I'm using a MacBook with apple silicon. However, I did manage to get the app on my dock so that works for me! Thanks for helping me out!