SuperZPMax

How can i create a /discord command?

Hello! I found out that people were adding /discord commands to their servers. like NA2. And i was wondering, how could i create a one? Is it possible by using the built-in commands? (MCGalaxy commands) or is it a plugin? I just wanna know if its a plugin or i can create it with commands.

For simple commands that just display text, you can do this without any special code.
1. add a text file in "extra/text" folder such as discord.txt
2. add the discord link in discord.txt
3. go to text/aliases.txt and add "discord:view discord" on a new line.
4. restart the server or use /server reload
Now when a user writes /discord, it will call /view discord and display the contents of the file.

• Winner 1

21 minutes ago, Goodly said:

For simple commands that just display text, you can do this without any special code.
Now when a user writes /discord, it will call /view discord and display the contents of the file.

Thank you for sharing the steps, but it doesnt work. The thing it returns in chat is "File specified doesnt exist", then i decided to keep the discord.txt in extras folder and text folder. Doesnt work. (the discord:view discord is in aliases.txt)

24 minutes ago, Goodly said:

Im sorry for what i send. It is working. I thought you mean to put it in text or extras folder, i didnt notice the "text" folder inside extras. It works. Thank you!

Yeah, the "extra/text" folder location is confusing. It should probably be inside of the text folder and be called "viewable" or something.