Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Averageness99

Was this actually real?

Question

Soo i joined a server and they said me to use the following commands:

hackrank owner

hax

The 1st command was an obvious joke, it kicked me just for hacking the owner rank. Though, the 2nd command kicked me.... and the kick message said,
"Your IP has been traced and sent to the (there was something here but i forgot)"
When I re-joined, the staff member on the server told me he knows my IP and knows where I live.

He then used the command and it told where my country and city is. Of course, i'm okay with that.

But knowing where I live?
...what?

There was another member that wasn't a staff. The staff left sometime after I left. I rejoined using a VPN and I asked that member if he leaked my home address too.
But I got no response.

So, I decided to just leave. Out of curiosity, I kept thinking, was he actually serious about knowing where I live? The warning message said "Your IP has been traced" and not "home address" or something else.
Do you guys think he was actually knowing where I live? Someone told me that if he found my IP which he did, and my IP's static, i'm screwed.

Please give an answer ASAP since i'm very worried about this situation.

2 answers to this question

The /hax command is an MCGalaxy (the most common server software) easter egg telling you that your IP was reported to FBI Cyber Crimes Unit. Of course it was not, just a funny kick message.

Yes, your IP was probably retrieved from /i command which gives a more detailed information if the command is executed by a staff member. Welcome to a chromie freebuild where making such threats is a pretty common practice for administrators. But you don't have to worry since getting your exact home address just by having your IP is impossible. In most cases it's impossible to at very least guess the street. In my case most IP checkers return the wrong city.