Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tracy_Cage

Classicube's Future

I had a question for the developers, and I also wanted to open a discussion around it.

Is Classicube considered feature-complete? It seems everything from Minecraft classic has been recreated successfully at this point, so I'm curious as to whether or not the developers are interested in implementing new optional content to the game. I know, I know, survival mode isn't going to be added ever, and that's not really my angle in asking. As I understand it, there's not much purpose in adding things like blocks as they can added by servers without difficulty. But what about things that can't be easily added with server plugins like more configurable generation options, controller support, redstone wiring equivalents, colored lighting/shaders, subsystems for displaying text and images on blocks etc. 

I guess I'm asking if the scope of Classicube will ever expand beyond recreating version 0.30 with some optional additions into a project with many optional additions.

Apologies if this was answered elsewhere.

The main developer is not really interested in adding new features and the rest of us are usually too unskilled/lazy/busy to do so. But new features are added from time to time, and the open source nature of the game means more could still be added if someone is willing to create them and they pass review.