Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

redpips2006

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...?

So I was on the desktop. Haven't installed anything lately. Suddenly, a blue screen of death came up with the aforementioned message. It started to "Dump physical memory to disk". It completed, the hard drive shut down by itself with the computer still on, but the hard drive didn't sound too happy when spinning down. It just sat there on the blue screen, asking me to "Contact blah blah blah blah for further technical assistance" or something like that.

What does this mean? And please don't ban me if I did not post in the right place... There is no where else for me to post this.image.jpeg.28b7b3e4972cd36ae12765d18a38f555.jpeg

You say the hard drive wasn't happy while spinning down, does the computer still boot normally?

If so, there's a software called Blue Screen View that gives a bit of a stack trace that can help figure out where the crash started, you can download it here: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html 

If you could provide a screenshot of that, it would be helpful.

Typically i've seen this related error to drivers, and more often than not storage related.

Since the stop code is 0x0000000A, it could be related to external hardware. Have you plugged in an external USB device recently?

1 hour ago, UclCommander said:

You say the hard drive wasn't happy while spinning down, does the computer still boot normally?

If so, there's a software called Blue Screen View that gives a bit of a stack trace that can help figure out where the crash started, you can download it here: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html 

If you could provide a screenshot of that, it would be helpful.

Typically i've seen this related error to drivers, and more often than not storage related.

Since the stop code is 0x0000000A, it could be related to external hardware. Have you plugged in an external USB device recently?

Hello man. The computer still starts up just fine. I do not remember the exact stop code, the image provided is just a stock image ;(

no external usb device connected.

Ah I see. Could you try doing the Blue Screen View screenshot? That would contain more information, including the stop code.

On May 4, 2020 at 4:01 PM, UclCommander said:

Ah I see. Could you try doing the Blue Screen View screenshot? That would contain more information, including the stop code.

Hello, sorry I have not replied in a while. Been busy.

About the bluescreenview..

How do I use that ??

Thank you.