Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

megaboi

How to host a MCGalaxy server on android (not recommended)

I am not sure of anyone managed to do this before but I found out how to host a MCGalaxy server on android. 
Though it is not recommend to do so on a cheap amazon fire sixth gen (the one I used to host) or any tablet or phone at all.

If you have a old chromebook or something that doesn't support linux but does support android I guess you could host for friends but I just don't recommend hosting on android devices in general. To put it in simpler  words, this post is for educational purposes only. I do not support anyone that hosts using their own device and I also do not support the chromies hosting on their chromebooks. If you want a server then go to eddy or just get a real computer. With that out of the way, lets get started.

--what you need

an android device with decent storage (I suggest android 6 and up)

Termux (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.termux)

Anlinux (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=exa.lnx.a)

A brain

Linux knowledge 

-------

(if you already know how to install ubuntu you may skip this step)

Aight so the first thing you need to do is start up Anlinux then click dashboard

Then click choose then ubuntu

press copy then press launch

press and hold then select paste

and when you press enter it should begin downloading

It will take a while but will soon get there

-------

Part 2: starting ubuntu/Downloading mono

-------

After its done downloading and installing it should already state the instruction to start ubuntu with ./start-ubuntu.sh

after typing that in you should be greeted with a nice root@localhost:`#

that means it worked

if it didn't then.... I guess your device isn't supported or something I don't really know

Now that you have ubuntu open its time to install the mono framework 

how I installed it was with a apt-get update then a apt-get install mono-complete. If there is another way please respond to this post and let me know.

-------
Part 3: downloading Mcgalaxy/running it 

-------

Now that you have installed both ubuntu and mono, you have to download mcgalaxy.

-------

however on some devices there's an issue where you can't see the termux directory from the file explorer. If that is the case then I suggest doing apt-get install wget and apt-get install unzip.

After head to https://github.com/UnknownShadow200/MCGalaxy/releases and you should see a, Download MCGalaxy from here,

I would press and hold then copy the link then paste it in termux next to the command wget. (wget [link])

After that I would use the unzip command from earlier to unzip the zip file. If you don't know what the name of the zip file is then just type dir.

Now that you have the zip file unzipped there should be a bunch of files just chillin in your directory

-------

Part 4: editing the server files/running the server 

-------

To edit your server you must edit server.properties in the properties folder (theres more files in there but I am just going to use server.properties as an example)

if you have a text editor and can access termuxs files go right ahead and skip this part. if not then continue.

-------

to edit the files you have to get into the directory by using cd properties

then type nano server.properties

To edit you ctrl+e and change whatever you want.

after exit and save 

then type cd to head back

-------

After all that work finally its time to run your server 

by typing mono MCGalaxyCLI.exe your android server should start to run. 

if it doesn't idc don't be complaining in the thread you clearly have done something wrong.

In conclusion, don't try to make a na2 clone and host it on your android potatoe. Its just not gonna work out well and it will just run out of space.

also one more thing if you plan to actually make a server off your android device please make sure to turn off blockdb as it takes a shid ton of space.

(/blockdb disable [level])

No one is gonna join your stupid na2 clone anyway and you should probably read venks guide (or you can't do that?)

Thanks for reading my first big ass post and I hope you benefitted from this idk.

cool tutorial man, im pretty sure this would benfit a lot of players 

Also I could tell you put a whole lot of effort in this which really impress me, you didnt had to make look fancy but you did sooo good for you dude

Sorry, my bad.

I posted this post under ClassiCube central instead of Tutorials.

I was thinking of posting about my server that I host on my tablet but then changed my mind and decided I'd post a how-to instead without realizing that I forgot to switch the topic.

i wouldn't recommend ubuntu for hosting on android, the same things would work on debian