Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UnknownShadow200

A Halloween special - early alpha version for Android

AĀ port of ClassiCube for Android is now available - with some limitations however:

1. It's only available as an .apk download (Not available in the Google Play Store)
  2. The .apk was compiled in debug mode, so it will be slower than normal
  3. It's early alpha. It will very likely crash, freeze, perform poorly, etc.
    Please report these to me so I can work on fixing them.

(Also note that the in-game UI of the Android version is almost exactly the same as the UI when you useĀ the web client on android)

Sounds Cool man, I dunno how that Phone stuff works but do Samsung Phones use the android OS and if so would that work on them?
Ā 

Also Happy Halloween

7 minutes ago, Destin242 said:

Sounds Cool man, I dunno how that Phone stuff works but do Samsung Phones use the android OS and if so would that work on them?
Ā 

Also Happy Halloween

Yes, and yes.

Thank you for making this possible Unk, I've noticed your efforts in making the Android build playable recently on the irc.

I really wished I could play CC on my phone back in 2017-18, and now we have an actual official client. Even though I mostly use an iPhone now, this is still an achievement, so congratulations and thanks once again. <3

How very very frightening. I'll check it out as soon as i can!
I only have one question though, does this have the same limitations as the web client, where you can only join certain servers?

2 hours ago, masoncb said:

How very very frightening. I'll check it out as soon as i can!
I only have one question though, does this have the same limitations as the web client, where you can only join certain servers?

No its basically the client recompiled for android

Its pretty good since its only alpha.

Is there a direct link to the android version? bc i have a chromebook that has touchscreen and wanted to use the android version of the web client

Ā 

1 minute ago, MegaPVP said:

Is there a direct link to the android version? bc i have a chromebook that has touchscreen and wanted to use the android version of the web client

Ā 

Um I would use a mobile browser from Google play. Then open classicube.net from there

when i edit options or pull up chat, the keyboard pops up, but doesn't enter text in the box... so i can't edit options like mouse sensitvity, or use chat. please tell me it's not my 2014 phone

6 hours ago, henry242 said:

when i edit options or pull up chat, the keyboard pops up, but doesn't enter text in the box... so i can't edit options like mouse sensitvity, or use chat. please tell me it's not my 2014 phone

I updated the .apk with a potential fix for this issue. Can you please try redownloading then reinstalling the .apk and see if that fixes your issue

I tried downloading the client on my samsung galaxy s7 and it wouldn't install the app. I would get the error "App not installed" which usually means the app doesn't support the device.

10 hours ago, sjk210 said:

I tried downloading the client on my samsung galaxy s7 and it wouldn't install the app. I would get the error "App not installed" which usually means the app doesn't support the device.

Did you see any messages about the apk being unsafe or untrusted? The apk is signed with a debug key, so it will likely by blocked by default, which would cause an 'app not installed' error.

It should work on any device running android 4.0 or later. IĀ testedĀ on a device running 4.0.3 and it installed and ran fine there

oh make sure you have unknown sources enabled in settings, that sometimes fixes it

and thank you for the update unk, very helpful because now i can move across the screen

On 11/13/2020 at 5:07 AM, UnknownShadow200 said:

Did you see any messages about the apk being unsafe or untrusted? The apk is signed with a debug key, so it will likely by blocked by default, which would cause an 'app not installed' error.

It should work on any device running android 4.0 or later. IĀ testedĀ on a device running 4.0.3 and it installed and ran fine there

It doesn't give me any messages about the apk being unsafe. Although if it is getting blocked, how do i unblock it.Ā 

edit: the reason I was getting the error was because I didn't have any storage left on the device.Ā 

On 10/31/2020 at 2:01 PM, UnknownShadow200 said:

AĀ port of ClassiCube for Android is now available - with some limitations however:

1. It's only available as an .apk download (Not available in the Google Play Store)
  2. The .apk was compiled in debug mode, so it will be slower than normal
  3. It's early alpha. It will very likely crash, freeze, perform poorly, etc.
    Please report these to me so I can work on fixing them.

(Also note that the in-game UI of the Android version is almost exactly the same as the UI when you useĀ the web client on android)

WOW Android version i soĀ cool for me it didntĀ crash, freeze, perform poorly, etc.

This is such a late reply from me, apologies.

dont moderate me please ;-;

But goddamn it I've been waiting for this since like what? 2017.

We finally fucking have it.

Y a a a a y