Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Destin242

Classicubes policy and views on Racism,

Question

I really want to know if Racism is not allowed, I get that this is a controversial topic but is racism tolerated on the site? And if so would this include ethnicities and religions and just any hate speech against a specific group of people or peoples?

11 answers to this question

There is theoretically no rules against racism or hate speech on the forums (AndrewPH doesn't seem to be great at thorough rules), but in practice that sort of thing is generally not allowed.
Only the ClassiCube discord rules explicitly state: "no racist content."

1 minute ago, Goodly said:

There is theoretically no rules against racism or hate speech on the forums (AndrewPH doesn't seem to be great at thorough rules), but in practice that sort of thing is generally not allowed.
Only the ClassiCube discord rules explicitly state: "no racist content."

Do you think it is possible to make it a rule that any hate speech against a specific group of people or people?

14 minutes ago, Destin242 said:

I really want to know if Racism is not allowed, I get that this is a controversial topic but is racism tolerated on the site? And if so would this include ethnicities and religions and just any hate speech against a specific group of people or peoples?

Be racist and find out what happens

1 minute ago, Destin242 said:

Do you think it is possible to make it a rule that any hate speech against a specific group of people or people?

Is there a specific event that happened to make you ask for these rules?

One of the things to note about racist and bigoted people is that (at least in my experience running a server for 8 years) they will ALWAYS deny that they are doing hate speech. So it doesn't actually matter if there's rules against it or not, they will still complain they got banned for no reason, or disingenuously word it as banned for "having a different opinion."
So as long as it is enforced in practice, it doesn't truly matter if there's rules against it. Even if it is nice to have it laid out officially IMO.

21 minutes ago, AndrewPH said:

Be racist and find out what happens

Does this include in public multiplayer servers? Or just the Forums?

1 hour ago, Destin242 said:

Does this include in public multiplayer servers? Or just the Forums?

I am also interested in this topic... I am a moderator on some servers and am conflicted if it is ok for hate or racial speech to be allowed... So is it a company wide rule or just a fourm rule...

All content on servers are out of my control, if the staff of a server aren't doing anything about it then you should leave the server.

5 minutes ago, AndrewPH said:

All content on servers are out of my control, if the staff of a server aren't doing anything about it then you should leave the server.

Thank you for the info