Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TNTBoi23

SERVERS

Can someone start a server with me? i cant because i dont have a windows pc so i cant port frward or use a server software.

"Can someone do all the hard work for me so I can be owner of yet another pointless server"

3 hours ago, Goodly said:

"Can someone do all the hard work for me so I can be owner of yet another pointless server"

Could the reason that you don't want to help him be that you don't want to have more competition for your server? Not that you're in any danger since you seem to be all high and mighty in your throne. Anyways, TNTBoi23, you can go here and request a server. https://eddyn.net/projects/games/

1 hour ago, The_Doctor123 said:

Could the reason that you don't want to help him be that you don't want to have more competition for your server? Not that you're in any danger since you seem to be all high and mighty in your throne. Anyways, TNTBoi23, you can go here and request a server. https://eddyn.net/projects/games/

tthanks

11 hours ago, The_Doctor123 said:

i think the site is done for i submitted a request but it hasnt been awnsered :(

1 hour ago, TNTBoi23 said:

i think the site is done for i submitted a request but it hasnt been awnsered 😞

It usually takes awhile for your request to be answered

6 hours ago, The_Doctor123 said:

It usually takes awhile for your request to be answered

ok i put in a request 1hr after u posted, i havent gotten an email yet so ill wait

Although I agree that if you want to run a server you should know the ins and outs of actually running it (which means actually running it and not getting someone else to do it),  saying that you shouldn't do it because it's pointless is a terrible reason. The more servers there are the more variety there is for people to choose from, and more choice in what you want to play on is always better. If people just quit making servers, that would basically be the kiss of death for the game as eventually the servers that are active will shut down at some point. Don't discourage players from making servers, that should be something you encourage so the community grows.

What operating system do you have? If you have linux/macOS download the release and get mono framework, usually by typing this into terminal:

sudo apt-get install mono-complete

Then

mono MCGalaxy.exe

5 hours ago, EVDESTROY said:

Although I agree that if you want to run a server you should know the ins and outs of actually running it (which means actually running it and not getting someone else to do it),  saying that you shouldn't do it because it's pointless is a terrible reason. The more servers there are the more variety there is for people to choose from, and more choice in what you want to play on is always better. If people just quit making servers, that would basically be the kiss of death for the game as eventually the servers that are active will shut down at some point. Don't discourage players from making servers, that should be something you encourage so the community grows.

It's not true that the more servers there are the more variety there is to choose from because 99% of people just make the exact same freebuild server with nothing special. The reason I assumed it would be the same as all the others, and therefore pointless, is because it's very obvious this person is a kid who doesn't have the skills to make something unique, which is why they were asking someone else to host and couldn't do it themselves.

Unfortunately the reality of ClassiCube is that it takes a good bit of programming and/or artistic knowledge to actually make a server that does anything unique, because the server software comes with a limited set of things it can do, which have all been done to death already.

If the game actually had enough population that a lot of servers were getting full, I'd say sure add more servers that do the same thing. But the reality is we're nowhere close to that population overflow. In lieu of that, the list of servers outlined in red doesn't need to be added to. It just makes the game look more dead.

image.thumb.png.a0c96aa5b8c1245d2af0638b9f2c6cf1.png

>thinks venk's mmo (which is not a generic freebuild but rather an actual game made only with the limitations of classicube) shouldn't be added to

>thinks the beach shouldn't be added to(yes, it is a freebuild but it's mainly used by peace to create a cpu inside classicube using only message blocks and red/green doors)

>thinks jacob's ctf shouldn't be added to (it's a fucking gamemode, not a freebuild. there's a reason why andrew highlighted it)

Goodly, you've gone too far. You've crossed the fuckin line

41 minutes ago, The_Doctor123 said:

>thinks venk's mmo (which is not a generic freebuild but rather an actual game made only with the limitations of classicube) shouldn't be added to

>thinks the beach shouldn't be added to(yes, it is a freebuild but it's mainly used by peace to create a cpu inside classicube using only message blocks and red/green doors)

>thinks jacob's ctf shouldn't be added to (it's a fucking gamemode, not a freebuild. there's a reason why andrew highlighted it)

Goodly, you've gone too far. You've crossed the fuckin line

Nowhere did I state that those servers should be deleted. Try again (or don't ;).

i said "shouldn't be added to", not "should be deleted"

;)

next you're going to say something along the lines of "you didn't write 'shouldn't be added to' in the first place" or "in the discord forums channel it said 'should be deleted'"

I purposefully wrote "should be deleted" to trick you into correcting me, but edited to "shouldn't be added to" beforehand. So when you did correct me, you would only end up looking like a fool

50 minutes ago, The_Doctor123 said:

i said "shouldn't be added to", not "should be deleted"

😉

next you're going to say something along the lines of "you didn't write 'shouldn't be added to' in the first place" or "in the discord forums channel it said 'should be deleted'"

I purposefully wrote "should be deleted" to trick you into correcting me, but edited to "shouldn't be added to" beforehand. So when you did correct me, you would only end up looking like a fool

Congrats on being a manipulative troll. Want a prize?
I also never said they shouldn't be added to either. Obviously those servers are unique. I'm not talking about those ones. The red rectangle was pointing out the fact that most servers are empty.

Hey, at least I'm something for once. Could've been something better if it weren't for you ruining every fucking new fucking idea I had came up with on NA2. We wouldn't have ended up like this if you had fucking done your job and actually stop Xenon from harassing me. I'm no fucking saint either. I've done bad shit in the past too. I'm just as guilty as you are. I know that it's pointless to argue with you, a moderator of a Minecraft clone with the power to banish me from the game itself, but I think I'd rather have that happen to me than to be fucking tossed around by people with more authority than me. I'm fucking pissed and I have every right to be. I've been on a downward fucking spiral since that day and "REVENGE" is the only fucking word that sticks in my mind for over an year now and it's driving me insane. I swear on my fucking life that one day I'll get my revenge on you and Xenon for all the shit you've caused me. I swear that I'll create something greater than you have ever created. I don't care if it takes years or maybe even decades. I don't care if I even die trying. I just hope that I'll succeed and finally be happy again.

Also I'd rather kill myself than accept any prize from you.

get therapy. I remember specifically suggesting this back when you were acting up to begin with. seriously, get therapy or look into self-help

On 10/13/2020 at 11:05 PM, TNTBoi23 said:

i think the site is done for i submitted a request but it hasnt been awnsered 😞