Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ClassiCool

My server is acting weird...

Question

I was trying out MCGalaxy for the first time (version 1.9.2.5), started it up and tried to join in from the offline executable. I put in my server code and it didn't connect me. However, if I enter that code into Chrome, I can get into the server normally! Does anyone have an explanation for this? I am the host of the server.

image.thumb.png.3de794ad6e942edb6afbacd749bbf8ef.png

13 answers to this question

This is normal behaviour - some routers do not let you join using your external IP address.

While the web client will notice if you are trying to connect to your external IP address and instead connect to 127.0.0.1, the desktop client does not. So you need to use Direct connectĀ instead.

You haven't port forwarded so basically the client is trying to connect from outside of the lan idk I'm not smart with this kinda stuff

Just now, megaboi said:

You haven't port forwarded if not then idk

I have port forwarded using UPnP. I just don't understand why my server only works on the browser.

1 minute ago, ClassiCool said:

I have port forwarded using UPnP. I just don't understand why my server only works on the browser.

Your router probably doesn't support UPnP try port forwarding manually

Just now, megaboi said:

Your router probably doesn't support UPnP try port forwarding manually

Well I'm pretty sure that MCGalaxy said that my port forwarded successfully using UPnP

1 minute ago, ClassiCool said:

Well I'm pretty sure that MCGalaxy said that my port forwarded successfully using UPnP

Doesn't mean the router actually did it it just means your connected to the router

Just now, megaboi said:

Doesn't mean the router actually did it it just means your connected to the internet

Hmm... how do I port forward manually then?

2 minutes ago, ClassiCool said:

Hmm... how do I port forward manually then?

We should take this to discord just to save space for the forumsĀ 

Megaboi#2587

I see you're on Windows, I can help with it on Windows.Ā 

Ā 

Open command prompt, type ipconfig

Find the IPv4 address listed, copy that and go to Direct Connect in the ClassiCube launcher, in the ip paste the IPv4 address, then put a colon and type the port. Also put you username in the top box.Ā