Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

El_Wowa31631

Can't sign into my account using launcher

Question

I've tried to log into my account using launcher and got a warning window which says: "Error 1 when signing in. Error meaning: Unsupported protocol". Login and password I entered are correct for sure (I was able to log into forum using them). My OS is Linux, the distro is Linux Mint 20, DE is XFCE, though this doesn't look like Linux, DE or distro specific error, because it does not appear on other Linux devices with the same distro and DE. Also it is not firewall's fault, since it's disabled on the PC completely and everything's fine on other devices in my local network (other game files were downloaded successfully even on this PC). Then I decided to compile ClassiCube by myself but this error was not gone. How to fix this? Full log from game start to when I press the sign in button is attached to this post.

logs.txt

2 answers to this question

Are you using a custom compiled libcurl or something? This error here is usually caused by libcurl being compiled without https support.

You can get libcurl to output much more debug information if you add _curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1L); in Http_SetCurlOpts at around line 584 in Http.c

2 hours ago, UnknownShadow200 said:

Are you using a custom compiled libcurl or something? This error here is usually caused by libcurl being compiled without https support.

You can get libcurl to output much more debug information if you add _curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1L); in Http_SetCurlOpts at around line 584 in Http.c

TL;DR: I solved the problem.

Thank you for your response. Yes, I really have custom compiled libcurl. So I decided to recompile it using the --with-ssl option, but it was not able to find openssl. Therefore I recompiled it too and then libcurl was able to detect ssl. Thank you again very much.