Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nemokitty9

Server Talk: Server Requirements and Proforments?

Question

If i were to use stuff like MCGALAXY, what would be like system threshhold limits, and how good of a cpu or somthing i need, i used to have remote access to a windows xp 32 bit Pentium computer, thats the closest of a server i had, i believe it had under half of 1 gig of memory. it wasn't originally mine, so i knew i couldn't keep it. any way for me to use the software on linux? i am so lost in questions,  that..

I'm LOST In A Spining Disaster Of... Questions! *Figuratively 

Sorry not really goneto muchof topic off question

5 answers to this question

There isn't really a minimum, but having a slower CPU will mean some CPU intensive actions (sending the map, doing lots of physics updates, doing large draw operations) will take longer. 

Having little memory means you can't make large maps, and you may only be able to have a few levels loaded into memory at the same time.

You just need to install mono framework (ubuntu, apt-get install mono-complete). Then in Terminal, type either mono MCGalaxyCLI.exe (for command line) or mono MCGalaxy.exe (for GUI)

On 7/29/2020 at 11:29 AM, AndrewPH said:

You specifically asked for advice regarding Linux.

I strongly recommend not connecting anything running winxp to the internet.

I thought i said xp too when i had a chance.....

18 minutes ago, Nemokitty9 said:

I thought i said xp too when i had a chance.....

You specifically said you used to have access to a windows XP machine, and that you couldn't keep it.

You specifically asked for advice regarding Linux.

I strongly recommend not connecting anything running winxp to the internet.