Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Evanzap1

"TrustFailure" error when using URL related commands.

Question

I recently moved a server from eddy's server to my own server and I've noticed a strange bug. On some websites (e.g., Catbox, GUIdebook) whenever I try to import images from them, I get a trust failure error. I'm not entirely sure if this is an issue with my setup or if it's an issue with MCGalaxy.

If this is relevant to the problem, the server is running Debian 10, and MCGalaxy is running in a screen. The server is also being used to run an apache2 webserver. 

Attached to this post is a screenshot of the error.

image.png.b145ae8045e9509cff50f1934463f178.png

13 answers to this question

On 5/8/2023 at 4:03 AM, Evanzap1 said:

Yes, I just did both and it did not work. Attached is the logs after the command has been run. Not sure if it will help much but it might be helpful.image.thumb.png.238032625a543b24c68f6644c85dca36.png

Also, this is an issue with MCGalaxy specifically, I tried downloading the file via curl and it downloaded successfully. I checked the downloaded file and it wasn't corrupted or anything like that.

Can you perhaps try using the .Net (Core) version of MCGalaxy?

On what version of Windows are you on, also what version is your web browser? Are you using the desktop client or the web client? From the looks of it seems like there is an issue with root certificates 

Alternatively Debian 10 has outdated mono/libraries and/or has outdated root certificates, since Debian 11 is the latest version of Debian right now.

16 hours ago, icanttellyou said:

On what version of Windows are you on, also what version is your web browser? Are you using the desktop client or the web client? From the looks of it seems like there is an issue with root certificates 

Alternatively Debian 10 has outdated mono/libraries and/or has outdated root certificates, since Debian 11 is the latest version of Debian right now.

I was using Windows 11, and I was using the desktop client. The issue is server sided as I can connect to those websites on my web browser.

Also I made a mistake in the original post, I accidentally said Debian 10 instead of Debian 11. I did try updating my mono libraries on the server and it still did not work.

8 hours ago, Evanzap1 said:

I was using Windows 11, and I was using the desktop client. The issue is server sided as I can connect to those websites on my web browser.

Also I made a mistake in the original post, I accidentally said Debian 10 instead of Debian 11. I did try updating my mono libraries on the server and it still did not work.

Did you try updating root certificates or doing a full system update?

15 hours ago, icanttellyou said:

Did you try updating root certificates or doing a full system update?

Yes, I just did both and it did not work. Attached is the logs after the command has been run. Not sure if it will help much but it might be helpful.image.thumb.png.238032625a543b24c68f6644c85dca36.png

Also, this is an issue with MCGalaxy specifically, I tried downloading the file via curl and it downloaded successfully. I checked the downloaded file and it wasn't corrupted or anything like that.

11 minutes ago, icanttellyou said:

Can you perhaps try using the .Net (Core) version of MCGalaxy?

Can you provide a download link to the .Net (Core) version?

1 hour ago, Evanzap1 said:

Can you provide a download link to the .Net (Core) version?

You have to compile it yourself.

Just now, icanttellyou said:

You have to compile it yourself.

Alright, I'll try to compile it when I get home.

3 hours ago, Evanzap1 said:

Alright, I'll try to compile it when I get home.

It compiled correctly, and it ran on my Windows PC, but when i transferred it to the server and ran it through mono, it complained about not having a valid 'CIL' image.image.png.fb3542eef8e489ad7a0e00845298209d.png

5 hours ago, Evanzap1 said:

It compiled correctly, and it ran on my Windows PC, but when i transferred it to the server and ran it through mono, it complained about not having a valid 'CIL' image.image.png.fb3542eef8e489ad7a0e00845298209d.png

.Net core binaries are not compatible with mono. Use .net 7 instead

19 hours ago, icanttellyou said:

.Net core binaries are not compatible with mono. Use .net 7 instead

Tried compiling with TargetFramework set to net7.0, it still brang up the same error. If this helps, here is the compiler log.

image.thumb.png.4da8b7bc0a92a70049aa1a005e7cfe91.png

On 5/13/2023 at 2:19 AM, Evanzap1 said:

Tried compiling with TargetFramework set to net7.0, it still brang up the same error. If this helps, here is the compiler log.

image.thumb.png.4da8b7bc0a92a70049aa1a005e7cfe91.png

I've been telling you, you're supposed to run the compiled binaries using .Net, and not Mono. .Net and .Net Framework are 2 different things, and Mono implements .Net Framework, not .Net...

12 hours ago, icanttellyou said:

I've been telling you, you're supposed to run the compiled binaries using .Net, and not Mono. .Net and .Net Framework are 2 different things, and Mono implements .Net Framework, not .Net...

Ohhh… I tried that and it worked! Thank you!