Gekale

Block Texture pack tutorial

Hello everyone, nice to see you'all in another lovely day!

So recently some people asked me (And the other too) On how to make a texture pack, please note that making texture packs can take some time but it can be also used to make awesome designs! In that case, this tutorial will show you how to make a great texture pack!

1. Basics

Firstly to make a texture pack you will need a drawing application that supports transparent, let's say for example (paint-net).

Secondly you will need to have the default zip file and to get that you will need to go to the texpack folder and find default.zip. Copy and paste the zip somewhere and extract it, there you can change the texture pack, however since this is a block texture pack tutorial, we will focus on terrain.png to make our new blocks.

2. Creating block textures

Open paint-net and click on the "File" button on the top corner, then select Open and select the terrain.png then you can add new blocks or change the blocks!

Note: (All the blocks on terrain.png are 16x16, if you try to add a block higher than 16x16, let's say maybe 20x20 then you probably have to resize it.)

3. Testing your texture pack

Once you have finished making your texture pack, drop the terrain.png to the zip file, you can also rename the zip file. (If it tells you that there is already a terrain.png inside the zip, click replace.)

After that, put your .zip texture pack to the texpacks folder, then run ClassiCube, hop on a singleplayer world or a multiplayer, go to the Game menu and click Choose texture pack, then select your texture pack and it will instantly change the texture pack to yours!

4. Making your texture pack public for everyone!

This step is very simple, all you need is Dropbox or any other app, drop your .zip file to there, then wait till it finishes uploading, then copy the link that it gave you, after that hop on a multiplayer world, go to your Overseer world and type /os map texture and paste the link, then hit enter, it will tell you to download the texture pack, click Yes or Always Yes, then you will see your texture pack in your Overseer map, and everyone can see your texture pack in your Overseer map too (Only if they click the Yes button) 

I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial, goodbye and have a lovely day!

Edited by Gekale

Hello just wonering how do you make a texture pack for only one block just a specific block. Also where can i make a texture. Is it pixlr? Wdym by 16 by 16 does that mean 16 by 16 pixels?

• Dumb 1

2 minutes ago, Edward_great said:

Hello just wonering how do you make a texture pack for only one block just a specific block. Also where can i make a texture. Is it pixlr? Wdym by 16 by 16 does that mean 16 by 16 pixels?

All of the block textures are in one shared file, the terrain.png. So to change just one block, you have to change one of the block textures inside that image. 16 by 16 means the block texture is 16 pixels high and 16 pixels wide.

Oh yeah i already figured that out already TheRealRoland told me about it. A day after i made that reply.  You can just change the texture by downloading the whole entire texturepack and editing a certain block on pixlr or something.

• cube 1
  • Dumb 2