Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DimeDimovski

Why is this game so bland with it's updates?

I rarely have seen a content update where it would add new blocks or new menus etc. Most of the time it's just basic bug fixes. Like yea it sticks to it's classic form but it makes the game feel empty and super dependent on servers, where most of the new blocks are stationed.

That’s the point I’d assume, it’s meant to be a faithful remake of classic, and that’s still being developed since it isn’t completely faithful yet. Also note that the developer does this on the side as well. What else would you need in a classic remake that would keep the classic feel

New blocks aren’t added because of the capability for any server to add arbitrary blocks making it pointless to add hardcoded blocks. 

The game is largely in its bug fix/technical improvement stage right now, there isn’t much content to add to the client since most of the work is supposed to be done by servers

It can be a bummer when game updates don't bring in new exciting stuff. Sometimes it feels like it's just basic bug fixes, right? It's like the game is sticking to its classic roots, but it can make things feel a bit empty and server-dependent.

40 minutes ago, dragonnext said:

It can be a bummer when game updates don't bring in new exciting stuff. Sometimes it feels like it's just basic bug fixes, right? It's like the game is sticking to its classic roots, but it can make things feel a bit empty and server-dependent.

What type of content would you expect to see? keep in mind survival features from minecraft are off the table.

On 6/12/2023 at 3:18 PM, Goodly said:

What type of content would you expect to see? keep in mind survival features from minecraft are off the table.

new building blocks maybe

1 minute ago, DimeDimovski said:

new building blocks maybe

That would be pointless, like AndrewPH already said: "New blocks aren’t added because of the capability for any server to add arbitrary blocks making it pointless to add hardcoded blocks."

On 1/6/2023 at 4:44 AM, DimeDimovski said:

I rarely have seen a content update where it would add new blocks or new menus etc. Most of the time it's just basic bug fixes. Like yea it sticks to it's classic form but it makes the game feel empty and super dependent on servers, where most of the new blocks are stationed.

Probably because the classicube overlords are too lazy to code anything.

On 1/6/2023 at 4:44 AM, DimeDimovski said:

There are blocks like on omegabuild2 that are like if you click it you will donate like 10 omegas I remember. I believe they coded that block themselves though.

They arent lazy at all. first of all theres only 1 or 2 active developers for game client. Unk is very active, i dont think you could keep up with this even if u were good at coding it will still be hard.. also look at the github issues, unk even asked himself if he should add /client replace cmd but nobody replied. and edward please dont say someone is lazy when you yourself is very lazy

13 minutes ago, Edward_great said:

There are blocks like on omegabuild2 that are like if you click it you will donate like 10 omegas I remember. I believe they coded that block themselves though.

First of all the devs are not lazy, look at the github and you can see many changes are happening everyday. if you want more features code them yourself. and also ClassiCube is a remake of Minecraft Classic and they arent gonna add survival. if this game is bland with its updates or you think the devs are lazy you are wrong.

3 hours ago, NeonNinja said:

They arent lazy at all. first of all theres only 1 or 2 active developers for game client. Unk is very active, i dont think you could keep up with this even if u were good at coding it will still be hard.. also look at the github issues, unk even asked himself if he should add /client replace cmd but nobody replied. and edward please dont say someone is lazy when you yourself is very lazy

I was joking. They probably just dont have the time to add major updates but i dont know.

On 6/14/2023 at 4:24 PM, Edward_great said:

I was joking

> Make an inflammatory claim in order to get a reaction from others

>> Back it up with "its just a joke" when you are met with the slightest push back.

>>> ???
>>> Profit.

In all of fairness, UnknownShadow has put a lot of effort into the client over the years with little to no thank-yous from the community. There is literally nothing else to add to ClassiCube that servers couldn't already do other than the occasional bug fixes and making it work on other platforms (see Wii, 3DS, etc. port)

1 minute ago, Pear said:

There is literally nothing else to add to ClassiCube that servers couldn't already do other than the occasional bug fixes

I wish that were true

6 hours ago, Pear said:

> Make an inflammatory claim in order to get a reaction from others

>> Back it up with "its just a joke" when you are met with the slightest push back.

>>> ???
>>> Profit.

this is called Schrodinger's Douchebag

To be honest, I have just lost interest in making large scale updates to the game anymore

I'll still continue gradually adding smaller improvements and new features though

Just be grateful you have a working game to play. This isn't a big game like Minecraft, and it is pointless to have multiple new hardcoded blocks when you can easily implement them into a server, allowing more options, and more variety.

On 6/14/2023 at 7:06 PM, Edward_great said:

m8 they aren't lazy they're loyal to the classic feel

Please don't listen to anyone saying there needs to be more features. The thing that makes classic minecraft so good is its simplicity. 

38 minutes ago, GalaxyNova said:

Please don't listen to anyone saying there needs to be more features. The thing that makes classic minecraft so good is its simplicity. 

Agreed. The only thing we need out of ClassiCube are the extra blocks, multiplayer etc. We don't need even more major updates.

13 minutes ago, koy said:

Agreed. The only thing we need out of ClassiCube are the extra blocks, multiplayer etc. We don't need even more major updates.

Why not?

8 minutes ago, UmbreoClaw said:

it is meant to be a classic Minecraft recreation

And how exactly is that mutually incompatible with new feature updates?

11 minutes ago, MisterSheeple said:

And how exactly is that mutually incompatible with new feature updates?

It's simple, if I recall correctly the game was really only meant to be a classic remake to continue the legacy of Minecraft Classic. Adding too much takes away that feel.