Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doge_Factor

Artists of classicube, let see some of your best pieces!

Hey Everyone! As an artist myself, I sometimes wonder,

"in a game based around building and creativity, theres gotta be some amazing artists in this community, right?"

So this is what I want to find out!

If you create artwork, wether it be traditional (on paper) or digital art, I wanna see some of it!

Reply with a piece you feel comfortable posting, and add a bit of a description of the piece along with it!

ABSOLUTELY NO CRITICISM, UNLESS ITS CONSTRUCTIVE!!! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "BAD ART"!!!

There is however such thing as stolen art, or art you made in 15 seconds without any effort. Please dont post art that isnt yours, or is low effort.

Il go first!

509246881_ScreenShot2022-12-15at11_49_08AM.png.99d530d8b9e8e38d9a1a2c98f550ecb6.png

Here is a Manokit I drew a few days back! nothing too special, just a plain pencil sketch.

to prove this is my art, heres my furaffinity page.

https://www.furaffinity.net/user/axolleinad

Like I said, theres no such thing as bad art, but there is such a thing as art that is OBVIOUSLY low-to-no effort...

I think you could make something amazing if you really tried, and put your heart into it!

So Make a piece that your proud of! Make something that represents you! 

dont say "thats the best i can do, i suck at art"

yeah thats the best you will ever do with that kind of mind-set! think "im gonna try my best! even if it dosent look good, I still gonna give it my all!!!"

Plus, drawing is a skill that can easily be improved apon! all you gotta do is practice! i used to barely be able to draw a stick-figure, and now look at me!

You didnt wake up one morning, and suddenly could build Massive, detailed structures in classicube! dont even say you did, cause your lying.

You need to be willing to practice! Practice is how you improve!

But first, you gotta be willing to try!

"Anyone can achieve greatness, if you willing to learn, practice, experiment, and ask questions! But you wont get anywhere, if your not willing to try." ~Doge_Factor

9 minutes ago, Doge_Factor said:

Like I said, theres no such thing as bad art, but there is such a thing as art that is OBVIOUSLY low-to-no effort...

I think you could make something amazing if you really tried, and put your heart into it!

So Make a piece that your proud of! Make something that represents you! 

yeah thats the best you will ever do with that kind of mind-set! think "im gonna try my best! even if it dosent look good, I still gonna give it my all!!!"

Plus, drawing is a skill that can easily be improved apon! all you gotta do is practice! i used to barely be able to draw a stick-figure, and now look at me!

You didnt wake up one morning, and suddenly could build Massive, detailed structures in classicube! dont even say you did, cause your lying.

But first, you gotta be willing to try!

"Anyone can achieve greatness, if you willing to learn, practice, experiment, and ask questions! But you wont get anywhere, if your not willing to try." ~Doge_Factor

i spent many weeks on this artwork, putting so much work into making sure each and every pixel was perfectly placed just for you to say it was made with "low-to-no effort"

i will never forget this insult to my creation, it will stay with me forever

you have ruined my life

1 hour ago, MESYETI said:

i spent many weeks on this artwork, putting so much work into making sure each and every pixel was perfectly placed just for you to say it was made with "low-to-no effort"

i will never forget this insult to my creation, it will stay with me forever

you have ruined my life

666277246_ScreenShot2022-12-15at1_00_15PM.png.6d14f884b98b37f8eb9ecbefe485e11d.png

listen man, i wanted actual art, or attempts at it.

come on man.

my response to your art was uplifting, encouraging, and inspirational. 

AND I QUOTE 

"

yeah thats the best you will ever do with that kind of mind-set! think "im gonna try my best! even if it dosent look good, I still gonna give it my all!!!"

" end quote!

I literally said that, because i knew that you could improve your craft!

I hope my words stay with you for the rest of your life, cause those right there, are words of Encouragement and Inspiration! 

"you have ruined my life"

aint no way i hurt you.

If anything, your hurting ME.

why?

Your post and replies are mockery to me. It tells me that you dont give two shits about me, this post, or any other artists that post there art.

I was hoping to give out advice, compliments, and inspiration, but i have now been discouraged by this pathetic excuse.

hell you didn't even put in a description behind it, or even a simple caption saying "my best artwork of a penguin". if you did something like that, i would have believed you.

I was hoping for some genuine art, or at the very least, "i tried" art.

instead, you made that...

Its insulting. it really is.

but, nonetheless, i made this post to give advice and inspiration. so thats what im gonna do.

Heres how can i tell that it was low effort, and how you can improve!

1. The outlines. very uncontrolled, and look like they were drawn with a mouse in a semi-rushed fashion. heres how to draw curved lines a bit better.

Step 1: Draw the straight lines. Simplify each curve and turn it into a straight line. Start a new line every time the curve changes direction by a lot.

Step 2: Smooth the lines into curves. Round off the transitions between the small lines to turn it back into a curve.

Step 3: Erase the extra lines, along with the beginning straight lines, and adjust until your satisfied with your curve!

2. The top of the head is very jagged. You either manually colored in the body, or the shape didnt look good, so you tried to fix it by adding on lines. I would recommend, slower movements with the mouse, and use a + as your baseline for your body. heres what I mean:

Step 1: Make a plus sign or a t shape. Preferably in the middle of your page/canvas.

Step 2: Connect the ends/points with curved lines. Erase and adjust as necessary, until your happy with the results.

Remember: Take your time! You cant rush art.

3. Poor detail. the penguin has little to no detail. The feet are plain circles, and are detail-less and It dosent even have a white belly. id suggest looking up "penguin" and using a reference. 

Tip: look up penguin art, and see how they drew it! references are your best friend!

I hope this helps!

Edit: Id recommend you use paper and pencil to begin with. drawing with a mouse is a horrible way to start, and very difficult!

1 minute ago, MESYETI said:

image.thumb.png.9d4e8874e086f2219ae224a047c84b2d.png

ok here's tux 2.0

Allright! this is improvement! 

definetly more detail, and it does look like a penguin now!

Keep practicing! look up some tutorials and guides! I promise you that with practice comes improvement!

I mean just look at this! you took my advice, and you definitely improved.

I actually like the square shape of the penguin. Kinda fitting considering were on a forum for a block game.

also. my description on how to draw curves was kinda crap. My best advice is to make several curves with thinner brush settings, and a grey color instead of black. make like 5 or 6 curves, then slowly draw one final black curve in the middle of the rest. heres an example of what i mean:

IMG_6406.jpg.d43d2620b7f65223f46b577cb8f41f78.jpg

hope this helps!

this single post caused my reputation to plummet.

Why do i even try to care anymore.

everyone on here is either kind and helpful, neutral (reaction depends on situation), an absolute asshole, or a troll who dosent give a shit about others and only tries to make themselves look better, via making others feel bad for a simple mistake.

luckily, the mods for the forums fall into neutral or really kind and supportive. i have yet to meet a mod who ive seen treat people badly when they dont deserve it.

sorry about the rant. *sigh* I've got a lot of shit going on in my life thats putting an enormous emotional burden on me.