Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LJplays

playing sounds from a plugin

Question

I was wondering how I would play sounds with a plugin (playing sounds from a folder in the texturepack.zip)

edit for clarification:Im not asking how to turn on sound im asking how to have the server use a plugin to send a packet telling the client to play sound

5 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Doge_Factor said:

classicube dosent support sound. period.

sorry man, but it aint possible.

within the downloadable client, Classicube does support sound, if you're on web there is no sound due to legal copyright reasons.

So it is possible if you are using the downloadable client of Classicube (Non Steam version), in which you can toggle it by going to Options > Misc Options

On 12/13/2022 at 6:22 PM, UmbreoClaw said:

within the downloadable client, Classicube does support sound, if you're on web there is no sound due to legal copyright reasons.

So it is possible if you are using the downloadable client of Classicube (Non Steam version), in which you can toggle it by going to Options > Misc Options

yes that is true, but as far as i know, theres no way to add sound-effects via plugin. even on the downloadable client.

maybe it is possible, but im just saying what i know.

On 12/13/2022 at 7:22 PM, UmbreoClaw said:

if you're on web there is no sound due to legal copyright reasons.

The web client does not support sound because of limitation issues. Edit: The web client does support sounds, and will play them if you turn up the Sound volume in the settings, it just doesn't have music.

24 minutes ago, Doge_Factor said:

yes that is true, but as far as i know, theres no way to add sound-effects via plugin. even on the downloadable client.

Client plugins can easily support playing sounds as you could just code in your own support or use an external library. (For example, I was able to use BASS.dll to create a custom sound plugin)
And you could also simply make a corresponding server plugin to be used with that client plugin.

4 minutes ago, 123DontMessWitMe said:

The web client does not support sound because of limitation issues. Edit: The web client does support sounds, it just doesn't have music.

Client plugins can easily support playing sounds as you could easily just code in your own support or use an external library.
And you could also simply make a corresponding server plugin to be used with that client plugin.

I didnt know that...

welp, I guess that answers the question!