Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cope

What sever hardware would you reccomend?

currently building my own server for selfhosting and i would like to hear what other people would use in their systems

thank you!! 🙂

parker was BANNED for this post by 123DontMessWitMe

Ban Reason: Our forums are not for ban appeals - 4 hours

cope could you unban me from your city server?

really anything can run a fresh out the box mcgalaxy server; an old pc or laptop will work fine. but I would suggest ethernet over wifi if you can.

On 2/25/2023 at 6:56 AM, Howling_cubist said:

not sure if this is what you meant, but I would recommend using mcgalaxy.

The poster has explicitly mentioned server hardware, so this is not the approporiate response to this question. Here is a detailed response:

This is very specific to which server software you are using. I'm not very experienced with older classic Minecraft server softwares (or if you didn't even know you can host a ClassiCube server with them, now you do know!), for MCGalaxy you really just need at least 1/4 GB available of ram, and it doesn't really require much CPU. You could simply run this on Raspberry Pi, or other older laptops or desktops. The specs: You might need at least a few gigabytes of storage. However, this can all change. If you have more plugins, and if there are more players online, and that the plugins do register a over amount of events or such, then this will mean that you will need more RAM.

For storage, this will take a lot of space if there are a large number of maps and backups. But most importantly is based on the blockdb data, which is stored for block changes that can be outputted to /about. You might need to occasionally delete it to free up storage if you don't have enough, or if you are like me, you can just buy a cheap HDD off eBay and call it a day and keep running the server.