Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doge_Factor

Error 35

Question

so when ever i try to use a servers textures, i get an error saying "error 35: SSL error or somthin" 

does anybody know what this means, and how to fix it, cause its pretty anoying to do anything when the world is nothing but purple.

4 answers to this question

Are you using macOS or Linux?

If so:

• The error code is caused by being unable to establish a secure connection to the webserver to download the texture pack from
  • You can add curl-verbose=true to options.txt to get more detailed information to be shown in the Terminal window

image.png

If only you are unable to download the texture pack though while others can download it fine, that usually means the reason
why the secure connection is failing has something to do with your computer setup (typically outdated SSL libraries or certificates)

On 11/27/2022 at 3:01 PM, UnknownShadow200 said:

Are you using macOS or Linux?

If so:

• The error code is caused by being unable to establish a secure connection to the webserver to download the texture pack from
  • You can add curl-verbose=true to options.txt to get more detailed information to be shown in the Terminal window

image.png

If only you are unable to download the texture pack though while others can download it fine, that usually means the reason
why the secure connection is failing has something to do with your computer setup (typically outdated SSL libraries or certificates)

do you know how i would update the SSL libraries or certificates? is that just the computer software, or is that the classicube software?

ClassiCube relies on the SSL libraries and certificates provided by the operating system 

Can you please update your game to the latest dev build (Updates > Latest dev build)?
I have improved the error handling so that it should include more details about the error now
image.png

Here is the error im getting.

It currently seems to be downloading texture packs with a success rate of about 75%, since i got the newest update.

Screen Shot 2022-12-05 at 3.01.24 PM.png