DimeDimovski

If you could delete something from this world, what would it be

Orcas, because why do they need to bully other sea creatures for their own pleasure?

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Hayden_Classic said:

This forum, it's full of shite.

and its ALL YOUR FAULT!!

• Agree 10
  • cube 1
  • Dumb 1
  • Asshole 1
  • Winner 1

6 hours ago, popdymc said:

Chromebooks, and people who ask for survival mode

yeah, affordable laptops are terrible, all laptops should be expensive and inaccessible.

• Agree 3
  • Dumb 4

On 8/18/2022 at 2:33 PM, crush_ said:

yeah, affordable laptops are terrible, all laptops should be expensive and inaccessible.

Chromebooks aren't good value. An affordable but solid laptop should come at a minimum price of 400 dollars, and they can do far more than the chromebook

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

On 8/18/2022 at 5:33 AM, crush_ said:

chromebooks are not the only affordable laptop.

there are much better laptops that you could get for the same/similar price of a chromebook.

Edited by popdymc

On 8/21/2022 at 3:04 PM, DimeDimovski said:

Chromebooks aren't good value. An affordable but solid laptop should come at a minimum price of 400 dollars, and they can do far more than the chromebook

Yes, exactly! Everyone who just needs to have access to the internet and maybe do some light productivity tasks should just stop being poor, so easy!

Edited by crush_
  • Agree 1
  • Dumb 1

2 hours ago, crush_ said:

Yes, exactly! Everyone who just needs to have access to the internet and maybe do some light productivity tasks should just stop being poor, so easy!

I don't really get where do you come with this point because it is just wrong.

For one the used market exists, where you can get a once overkill laptop for the same price as a modern midranger and maybe it will perform better

Second of all is that the used market can also offer cheap pc parts which when combined can usually lead to a lower price than the average chromebook (My former gaming pc which is 10 years old by now can be found for 170 dollars with all of it's part combined excluding the case.

And third of all parents exist. Loving parents or at least tolerant would be able to give the kid some money to buy themselves a pc or entirely buy one for them.

5 hours ago, DimeDimovski said:

And third of all parents exist. Loving parents or at least tolerant would be able to give the kid some money to buy themselves a pc or entirely buy one for them.

I am not an expert on laptop prices, but I was alluding to the fact that not all "loving parents" are able to afford a 400$ or even a 200$ laptop, and going off the assumption they can is a very privileged position. Wild, innit.

Ofc that means a chromebook is probably out of reach for them as well, that's partly why I was using a sarcastic tone. I just think there's nothing wrong with laptops designed specifically for cheapness and availability, especially if they can provide an even lower price tag when sold used, and from what I've seen, they can, and chromebooks have already become the first laptop for many children that wouldn't be able to have them any other way.

Edited by crush_
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, crush_ said:

I am not an expert on laptop prices, but I was alluding to the fact that not all "loving parents" are able to afford a 400$ or even a 200$ laptop, and going off the assumption they can is a very privileged position. Wild, innit.

Ofc that means a chromebook is probably out of reach for them as well, that's partly why I was using a sarcastic tone. I just think there's nothing wrong with laptops designed specifically for cheapness and availability, especially if they can provide an even lower price tag when sold used, and from what I've seen, they can, and chromebooks have already become the first laptop for many children that wouldn't be able to have them any other way.

Unless you're talking about failed states or those in Africa any parent would be able to afford a laptop. Monthly salaries here are 350 dollars a month minimum, and it took a month for my parents to be able to get me my first laptop at a price of 400 dollars and pay for everything else as well.

Buying a cheap laptop is only good if the kid is a toddler, as they wouldn't do much other than watch nursery rhymes on YT but they can also do that on phones which are equally as capable yet have the same function, as a 200 dollar phone already falls in the midrange category it's smarter to buy that rather than buy a chromebook, even compatibility would be much better on the phone.

And it's not expensive to get a good functional phone either, a midranger from 2017 would cost about 70 dollars nowadays on aliexpress (Nokia 7 for example).

• Dumb 1

On 8/18/2022 at 1:25 AM, popdymc said:

Chromebooks, and people who ask for survival mode

Some crimebooks are good. I have a crimebook running crimeos and linux and it works very nicely.

As for the people who ask for survival, they can fall down the trash chute.

11 hours ago, TomCube2 said:

Some crimebooks are good. I have a crimebook running crimeos and linux and it works very nicely.

As for the people who ask for survival, they can fall down the trash chute.

Yeah I love Crimebooks, they are so much better than Chromebooks!

• Funny 1

On 9/10/2022 at 3:03 AM, InvertedPanda said:

If I had to delete one thing from existence, it would probably be all the criminals, and all wars and crap like that. Basically, world peace. 😄

That's not one thing though.