Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Friendlyscout1

PC Speed Up?

Question

So recently i got my hands on a random computer i found on the side of the road. I took and wanted to fix it up and sell it or whatev. The only problem is that it is very slow and i was wondering if anyone had a trick or way to speed it up. It is a Windows 7 Home Premium btw. Thank you and cya later.

"Way to go, pally!"

8 answers to this question

6 hours ago, icanttellyou said:

What are the specs?

Also, wrong category.

processor: Intel(r) Core(tm) i5-3210m cpu @ 250.ghz  250.ghz

installed memory(ram) 8.00 gb

64-bit operating system

thats all that i can find 

2 minutes ago, Friendlyscout1 said:

processor: Intel(r) Core(tm) i5-3210m cpu @ 250.ghz  250.ghz

installed memory(ram) 8.00 gb

64-bit operating system

thats all that i can find 

Does it have a graphics card? You may also try reinstalling Windows.

23 minutes ago, icanttellyou said:

Does it have a graphics card? You may also try reinstalling Windows.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't because ive been looking around the settings and info and cant find any evidence of there being one.

Completely wiping and reinstalling the OS will probably do it some good.
You should also see what type of RAM that is installed in the computer. If it's an older type of ram (such as DDR or DDR2), the computer may benefit from an upgrade to a newer type of ram. DDR3 or DDR4 would probably be fine.

edit: your cpu only supports DDR3. use that

Installing a graphics card would most likely make it a slight bit faster too, when running games. The integrated graphics in the CPU may be letting the machine down.

If the computer still has a HDD (Mechanical Hard Drive), upgrading it to an SSD will certainly make it much faster. Doing this simple step of adding an SSD can save many old and slow computers, however others not as much; it's always worth a try though as it will always somewhat increase the performance on any computer.

2 hours ago, popdymc said:

Completely wiping and reinstalling the OS will probably do it some good.
You should also see what type of RAM that is installed in the computer. If it's an older type of ram (such as DDR or DDR2), the computer may benefit from an upgrade to a newer type of ram. DDR3 or DDR4 would probably be fine.

edit: your cpu only supports DDR3. use that

Installing a graphics card would most likely make it a slight bit faster too, when running games. The integrated graphics in the CPU may be letting the machine down.

If the computer still has a HDD (Mechanical Hard Drive), upgrading it to an SSD will certainly make it much faster. Doing this simple step of adding an SSD can save many old and slow computers, however others not as much; it's always worth a try though as it will always somewhat increase the performance on any computer.

to put a different type of ram in your computer you would need to replace the motherboard lol

Thank you everyone my PC has speed up SO much faster! I can not thank you enough! Thank you and cya next time!

-Scout