Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Undertake

Favorite Minecraft Mod?

2 hours ago, KostyaHellstorm said:

whatever fundy makes

Those are data packs, not mods. Although there are some but they are all private or just jarmods (Modifications of the base game without any modloader).

My favourite Mods on Minecraft are:

• Lucky Blocks
  • Little Block
  • Shape Shifter
  • Portal Gun
  • Smart Moving
  • The Twilight Forest
  • Aether
  • Thaumcraft 4
  • NEI / TMI (Not Enough Items / Too Many Items)
  • SpawnerGUI
  • Tinker's Construct
  • Plants VS. Zombies
  • Divine RPG
  • ComputerCraft
  • Hats

I might forget something, but these are the mods that i remember clearly and i liked and i used to play with em 😄

i lean towards mainly mods like buildcraft, ic2, forestry and railcraft myself, though i do also like quark, optifine and biomes o plenty

On 6/26/2020 at 9:05 AM, megaboi said:

lol

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ooooh mods....

hehehe.

not sorry, recces peanut butter cups

ts a joke

45 minutes ago, Swoozy said:

Terralith (Terrain Mod) and Some other mod that upgrades the mobs AI but i forgot the name.

That's a datapack, not a mod. The latter is however.

On 2/22/2022 at 2:12 PM, icanttellyou said:

That's a datapack, not a mod. The latter is however.

Terralith is also a modpack however you can use the datapack for multiplayer worlds.

Favorite Mod is a big question since my preferred way to play modded Minecraft is within a modpack with lots of mods working together to create a deeper MC experience. My favorite modpacks have always been FTB packs, ever since FTB Ultimate all the way back in 1.4. I loved the great balance of magic and tech mods their packs always had. My favorite mods have changed over the years, but if I had to create my dream modpack in just 10 mods, it would probably be something like this:

10: Optifine - low rank because despite its practicality, it still causes major issues with a lot of mods and can be a general pain in the ass sometimes. used best in vanilla+

9: Tinker's Construct - very fun and useful mod, great way to make late game OP tools, plus me like big lava pit :)

8: StarMiner - old ass mod from back in the day that used to be super popular. you could use it to affect gravity and it was mind blowing shit at the time and still is despite its age

7: anything by iChun - iChun is one of the most prolific Minecraft modders with literally everything he touches becoming a banger mod how does he do it

6: MrCrayfish Furniture - hands down the best furniture mod you can get. all the models in this mod have been worked perfectly to fit in almost any build ever and a good bunch of them even have useful functionalities 

5: ComputerCraft - the main thing I like about CC is that it's essentially an entire command line computer framework running natively inside Minecraft all while being really easy to understand and surprisingly powerful for what it is

4: ProjectE - if you like a balanced modpack, do not install this mod, because this mod makes creating expensive things super cheap and super easy. almost every item with a crafting recipe that needs vanilla blocks gets assigned an EMC value, which can be used transmute new things, i.e. trading 64 dirt at 1 EMC per block, for something with an EMC value of 64.

3: Twilight Forest - probably the best modded dimension mod you can get, it's like Aether on steroids, and also a sadomasochist. great terrain generation and awesome bosses. if you haven't played it, play it now.

2: Mekanism - finally, a better energy and automation mod than IC2!!! this mod is a blast to learn about and use, with power generation solutions for everything early to late game, as well as helpful things like multitools, jetpacks, and Long Fall Boots from Portal.

1: Applied Energistics 2 - literally the mod ever. I have not found a single mod that feels as good to progress in as this mod. I love seeing huge ME system setups on the FTB subreddit so fucking much it's so good. ITS LITERALLY INFINITE MODULAR STORAGE WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT

Honorable Mention: Create - Being somewhat of a Minecraft veteran, I've seen several mods try to do what Create does with varying degrees of success. UgoCraft was a very old mod that allowed blocks to rotate like cogs in Create, resulting in awesome builds and kinetic creations, however it had very poor performance, crashes a lot, was very unpolished, and never got updated to recent versions. Archimedes Ships was an old mod that worked great for making block entity ships, but the mod was overall just another transportation mod. It genuinely blows my mind what people can do in Create, as I never though you could make anything like that in Minecraft, even with mods. Anything in the game can move any way you want it to, which is awesome! It's It's like RotaryCraft but not omega cringe! Unfortunately, I'm not well versed in how the mod works, so I can't say how much I like it.

On 6/9/2022 at 10:30 AM, NyanSwagCatCC said:

Favorite Mod is a big question since my preferred way to play modded Minecraft is within a modpack with lots of mods working together to create a deeper MC experience. My favorite modpacks have always been FTB packs, ever since FTB Ultimate all the way back in 1.4. I loved the great balance of magic and tech mods their packs always had. My favorite mods have changed over the years, but if I had to create my dream modpack in just 10 mods, it would probably be something like this:

10: Optifine - low rank because despite its practicality, it still causes major issues with a lot of mods and can be a general pain in the ass sometimes. used best in vanilla+

9: Tinker's Construct - very fun and useful mod, great way to make late game OP tools, plus me like big lava pit :)

8: StarMiner - old ass mod from back in the day that used to be super popular. you could use it to affect gravity and it was mind blowing shit at the time and still is despite its age

7: anything by iChun - iChun is one of the most prolific Minecraft modders with literally everything he touches becoming a banger mod how does he do it

6: MrCrayfish Furniture - hands down the best furniture mod you can get. all the models in this mod have been worked perfectly to fit in almost any build ever and a good bunch of them even have useful functionalities 

5: ComputerCraft - the main thing I like about CC is that it's essentially an entire command line computer framework running natively inside Minecraft all while being really easy to understand and surprisingly powerful for what it is

4: ProjectE - if you like a balanced modpack, do not install this mod, because this mod makes creating expensive things super cheap and super easy. almost every item with a crafting recipe that needs vanilla blocks gets assigned an EMC value, which can be used transmute new things, i.e. trading 64 dirt at 1 EMC per block, for something with an EMC value of 64.

3: Twilight Forest - probably the best modded dimension mod you can get, it's like Aether on steroids, and also a sadomasochist. great terrain generation and awesome bosses. if you haven't played it, play it now.

2: Mekanism - finally, a better energy and automation mod than IC2!!! this mod is a blast to learn about and use, with power generation solutions for everything early to late game, as well as helpful things like multitools, jetpacks, and Long Fall Boots from Portal.

1: Applied Energistics 2 - literally the mod ever. I have not found a single mod that feels as good to progress in as this mod. I love seeing huge ME system setups on the FTB subreddit so fucking much it's so good. ITS LITERALLY INFINITE MODULAR STORAGE WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT

Honorable Mention: Create - Being somewhat of a Minecraft veteran, I've seen several mods try to do what Create does with varying degrees of success. UgoCraft was a very old mod that allowed blocks to rotate like cogs in Create, resulting in awesome builds and kinetic creations, however it had very poor performance, crashes a lot, was very unpolished, and never got updated to recent versions. Archimedes Ships was an old mod that worked great for making block entity ships, but the mod was overall just another transportation mod. It genuinely blows my mind what people can do in Create, as I never though you could make anything like that in Minecraft, even with mods. Anything in the game can move any way you want it to, which is awesome! It's It's like RotaryCraft but not omega cringe! Unfortunately, I'm not well versed in how the mod works, so I can't say how much I like it.

Ooh. Those seem really cool.

I remember always watching those popular youtubers play those mods and modpacks (id est, crundee craft, etc.)

Mechanic/Factory-esque mods are not really my type, because I mostly play stuff that's vanilla+,  and if I want to play something that's got to do with a factory, I can just load up Factorio.

I really like stuff that adds more ores, more tools to navigate with, play with, waystones, etc. Stuff that makes the game more fun to explore and adventure in. That's why mods like Repurposed Structures, Biomes O' Plenty, Mo' Structures, BetterEnd and BetterNether are one of my favorites to include with any modpack that I decide to play with my friends.

Transportation mods too, that's why I mentioned the portal gun, it comes from one of my favorite game series :]

Agh, I so badly have been yearning to play a good modpack with the jack of all trades with anyone, it'd be so goddamn cool.