Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Introvert

Is lemehost a good host for ClassiCube servers?

Question

7 answers to this question

I can't say anything about safety, but in terms of hosting quality, it's terrible. Free servers shut down regularly during certain periods of time for no apparent reason, and server resources are barely there compared to other hosting methods.

Just don't use Lemehost.

Honestly I have no idea. Lemehost is a sort of paid hosting service that can host many games, including Classicube, but at a cost. The $0 version gives you 1 GB of RAM, 1 gigahertz of CPU. 10 Memory and on the bright side, the storage is 30 GB SSD. But the major problem with these is that its not 24/7 and you can't save backups and it's not ad-free. But to answer your question, it's safe to browse, but not to use due to the paid stuff you need money for.

3 hours ago, NyanSwagCatCC said:

Good general advice: If it's free, don't complain about it. If you don't like it, don't use it.

I was asking if it was safe, not complaining about quality.

17 hours ago, Introvert said:

I was asking if it was safe, not complaining about quality.

Sorry, I wasn't replying to you. I directed that at the people who were complaining about server quality for Lemehost's free servers. Generally though, free servers are very limited in capability. If you really need server hosting for dirt cheap, I'd recommend paying for a Linux VPS. There is some assembly required with these servers, as they're not preconfigured for hosting games, and since they run off poopoo stinky Linux, most use command line instead of a GUI, but I've found them to be more secure and a lot cheaper than game servers. I would look into more hosting services before making a final decision.

It is a good service I would say, but you most likely would be better off hosting yourself or paying someone for it.