Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

minecraftdog69

IP Command

Am I the only person who thinks the /ip command should be banned? It's pretty much easy doxxing. Admins possessing that amount of power can be scary. And since a large portion of the player base is children it might be violating a couple of European laws.

Just now, minecraftdog69 said:

Am I the only person who thinks the /ip command should be banned? It's pretty much easy doxxing. Admins possessing that amount of power can be scary. And since a large portion of the player base is children it might be violating a couple of European laws.

first of all knowing someone's IP address isnt doxing

second of all you already have to be over the age of 13 to sign up for classicube so i dont think it should violate any of those laws

There is no /ip command. Also you clearly have no idea what IPs are or how they're used.

2 minutes ago, minecraftdog69 said:

Can't you just remove access to the command if you own a server?

Plus, if it's this much of an issue, just ask the owner of whatever server you're on to remove everyone's access from it.
...probably won't happen, but, it's something to think about.

The admins indeed possess a dangerously large amount of power with this nonexistent command, we must stop them now as to prevent more major doxxing incidents! It's illegal to know someone's IP address, let's sue them all!

That's cool, but i feel if you're going to joke about "having" someone's IP address, you should actually post it.

(also as a heads up this isn't a real IP of anyone here (and if it is then oops))

An IP address may reveal you location, but since we are all fat asses I don't think anyone will show up at your door. Though I do agree there has been a few ploys and decoys on classicube *Cough Cough People being tricked into giving console Cough Cough* Thats just general stupidity

I'm pretty sure every single website you visit can see your IP address or whatever you set your VPN to display, so if you're really that concerned about it, maybe the Internet isn't the place you want to be.