Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maxus

Minecraft Classic Memories

Hello!

I want to share a story with you. Well... ClassiCube is community (I don't know about any other community like this) focused around Minecraft Classic so I think this might be interesting for some of you.

Few days ago I was cleaning my old as f*** DropBox account because I needed some free space there. Removing a lot of stupid, old junk files is kinda satisfying ngnl. But then... I've found this beauty:

spacer.png

My history with Minecraft Classic

When I saw this i was about to cry. So many memories came back to my memory about people, my friends I've met in MC Classic servers, buildings, pixelarts, whole themed maps and servers I've created thanks to this software. My first approach to Minecraft Classic was in 2010 or early 2011 when I tried to join polish server called [PL]Polski Serwer z Piwnicy. If I would describe this server in a few words I would say "Pure example of freedom of speach". Like.. really, there were people arguing about God or if Adolf was right or sexual orientations, just everything. And I think that's why I stayed in there for 2 years.. because it was different than any other server back then. Besides chatting there were really talented people who could build just anything with just 32 blocks and custom blocks like portals, doors and switches (based on these 32 basic blocks) and of course building commands.

First goals and achievements

My goal was clear after I found out players list with ranks. There were Owner, Boge, SuperOp, Operator, Elite, Pro, AdvBuilder, Builder, Guest and custom rank worse than Banned called Kurwa (Polish insult for someone who is hated by many, or prostitue. I don't know what owner had in his mind while creating this one) and I wanted to become at least Elite by building. It was really hard.. I got only to Pro rank after a year I think. Building that allowed me to get promotion to Pro rank was Notre Dame. I've spent two weeks building this one. Just looking at my nickname in Players List after "Pro: " was awesome feeling.

Becoming an Admin

Some time later, there was competition organized by owner. He wanted to get three more Operators because old staff was no longer so active on the server. The competition consisted in the selection of three regular players by the owner and asking few questions about how op should behave in some situation and about available administrator commands. Luckily, I was chosen for this competition and passed the owner's test. Becoming Operator was whole new experience. My new favorite thing to do was server patrolling after school. I really loved /xban command back then. Undoing, banning nickname, banning IP and kicking in once.  The ability to promote players or rejecting their request for promotion was also really cool.

My own server

After few months this server became empty. Owner didn't care about it anymore so I guess it was inevitable. I made decision to make my own polish Classic server with MCForge on that exact version from the screenshot above. And again - completely new experience. A lot to configure, a lot to build and a lot to think about. I had to make sensible and comfortable rules for administration and players, attract players, build spawn, make ranks and take care of permissions, etc. My server was called [PL]Polski Serwer MWTRealm! and had similar policy to the server I told about earlier. Main difference was server economy (in-game currency for purchasing some ranks and your own map) and many building contests. That attracted a lot of people back then. Even old Piwnica's Staff joined my server. It was so much fun to run Classic server. I made a lot of new friends, new experiences and great memories.

The last months of Classic

Later, Classic was in its last months of official support from Mojang. At that state it was just forgotten and overwhelmed by Minecraft Full (Java Edition). To this day I have only some reminders about that great times in the form of MCForge build and source code which is still available on github and a couple of screenshots.

I feel a lot better after writing this. Woah. So now... If you have your own story and want to share it with me, with us just write it below 😉

And thanks for reading! (And sorry for my grammar and babble. Hope it's not that bad!)

Some screenshots:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

hEOpBYg.png

jvi0vri.jpg

EafS6F7.jpg

YhOIRug.jpg

umWDmpA.png

Darky64 was BANNED for this post by AndrewPH

Ban Reason: why reply? - 4 hours

inadequate amount of text

your story was very lovely ❤️ 🙂 

im glad you had a good time playing minecraft classic
love u xoxo ❤️

Seeing those images almost made me cry since, ngl, cc is a good remaster of minecraft classic, but i find that it has features that differ it too much from classic, and classic isnt online anymore, and classic runs like balls on my pc so cc is the only way to experience stuff like this, but once i saw these images, it hit me because i remember just exploring worlds since i was retarded and didnt know how to read properly and i didnt know how to actually play.