Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rawto

Is Classicube ever going to have different Classic client editions?

Newbie here.

If you're familiar with stuff like Finobe for ROBLOX, you'll know that there were different client versions that allowed you to experience different eras.

While we obviously aren't going to start handing out 1.8 MC or something, wouldn't it be convenient to have different versions of the Classic client to mess around with? IIRC, there were some major changes during the Classic stage of the game. For example, version 0.24 was the Survival test update, and I think it'd be really cool if we had Survival to mess around with. 

Discuss?

classicube is written from scratch, it's not a modification of minecraft classic. we can't distribute old versions of minecraft in good conscience.

as such, there are no old versions of classicube with more/different stuff, it's all incremental upgrades to recreate one specific version of mc classic.

This kind of applies to the game, since in the launcher options you can change a mode, which will toggle MC Classic gameplay or Enhanced gameplay with custom blocks and features.

9 hours ago, AndrewPH said:

classicube is written from scratch, it's not a modification of minecraft classic. we can't distribute old versions of minecraft in good conscience.

as such, there are no old versions of classicube with more/different stuff, it's all incremental upgrades to recreate one specific version of mc classic.

Ah, my bad. Still, it's pretty amazing that CC was able to recreate MC Classic so accurately. I'm assuming it's written in a different language too, which explains how it's not killing my Raspberry Pi.

(also I feel like an a-hole after seeing how many times people have begged for survival, lmao.)

Thanks.