Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emjay

Dumb newb question: #@!$ water...

Question

I figure this is a really dumb newb question coz I can't seem to find an answer on the forum so most people must already know what to do...water - how to remove it from an area?

For example, I'm creating a structure in the middle of a lake with foundations at the bottom of the lake, walls completely enclosed and above the water line. Now I guess I can 'fill in' the space in-between with solid bricks and displace the water...but that'll take a while. (And let's not mention my first building attempt when I managed to flood my map šŸ˜ - would love to have been able to figure how to reverse that little problem.)

So, is there an easier/quicker way?

Thanks in advance,

Emjay

3 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Emjay said:

I figure this is a really dumb newb question coz I can't seem to find an answer on the forum so most people must already know what to do...water - how to remove it from an area?

For example, I'm creating a structure in the middle of a lake with foundations at the bottom of the lake, walls completely enclosed and above the water line. Now I guess I can 'fill in' the space in-between with solid bricks and displace the water...but that'll take a while. (And let's not mention my first building attempt when I managed to flood my map šŸ˜ - would love to have been able to figure how to reverse that little problem.)

So, is there an easier/quicker way?

Thanks in advance,

Emjay

place lots of sponge blocks in the water a few blocks away from each other

Welcome to classicube! Iā€™m assuming youā€™re in single player since you mentioned flooding.

Sponges clear anĀ areaĀ of water when you place them which should be the fastest way to remove water. There is also a hax setting called ā€œbreakable liquidsā€ (esc menu) that allows you to break water directly by making water target-able.

Finally, there is also an option in i believe misc settings menu that allows you to turn off water flooding entirely by stopping block physics.