Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hissingcreepzer9

Help with these servers

Question

I need help creating a server. Whenever I create a server  I get a error message (port 25565 not open, you may need to port forward it) and see what I did in that little box over there. It still shows that stupid error when I restart the server. This is frustrating and I have tried this on so many ports. Any help? Plus the McGalaxy page does not include even some help for this problem.image.thumb.png.d9513e6010cf7a4e1f46aa0963f1fdd6.png

7 answers to this question

If it’s telling you that the port isn’t open when it tries to heartbeat, then it means your server is not reachable outside of your network period. 

you may need to manually port forward in your router settings

Make the server private then share the link of the server somewhere. Making the server public requires a open port

1 hour ago, SavageBoy said:

Make the server private then share the link of the server somewhere. Making the server public requires a open port

this won't work in almost all cases - an "open port" is required for anybody to connect.

the heartbeat attempts to connect to your server, and if it can't connect it doesn't give you a link (in order to prevent the server list from having a million servers without the ability to join them) - if you *can* connect externally but the heartbeat still says your port isn't open, then that means you likely have a firewall configuration blocking the heartbeat server from connecting to your server or something.

side note: it worked for you because you have the same ip and are therefore most likely on the same network