Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McBean56545

Dumb Question (Unity to Classicube)

Question

I know this is an odd question, but I would like to know if it is possible. Considering the open source nature of Classicube, would it be possible to take a model from a Unity package and import it to work with animations intact in Classicube? I was thinking this could be used by servers in the future who want custom player models, or by players who want to play as characters that are more realistic, or detailed than the standard setup. I don't have any programming skills, so I would fail when trying to do it, but the idea is out there for those who want it. Maybe a program that imports models to servers, or even the client it's self? No one has to do this, I'm just throwing it out there.

2 answers to this question

no, not without somebody writing a plugin to render those models. which would be a major undertaking.

On 5/29/2020 at 4:36 AM, McBean56545 said:

I know this is an odd question, but I would like to know if it is possible. Considering the open source nature of Classicube, would it be possible to take a model from a Unity package and import it to work with animations intact in Classicube? I was thinking this could be used by servers in the future who want custom player models, or by players who want to play as characters that are more realistic, or detailed than the standard setup. I don't have any programming skills, so I would fail when trying to do it, but the idea is out there for those who want it. Maybe a program that imports models to servers, or even the client it's self? No one has to do this, I'm just throwing it out there.

Try searching "more models plugin classicube" for an example (plugin by Venk btw)